Crap

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 8

AlphaUte
      Ute Fan
      @connor1822

This was probably the worst showing I’ve ever watched as a ute fan. Injuries suck but the players suck more. Battle, Vaughn, and ESPECIALLY Broughton (who is one of the worst players I’ve ever watched along with Hubert and Boobie Hobbs) all are horrible. The D line, linebackers, and safeties are all crazy good, but this is the worst corner group ever.

Now let’s discuss that pathetic excuse for an offense. Ludwig should be fired as of yesterday. He has no brain and clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. I’d rather have a Scalley as an OC than Ludwig. Whit doesn’t help either. He’s the boss. He needs to take control and tell everyone to pull their heads out of their asses. Back to back pac champs and they can’t even find a decent quarterback to fill in. Johnson and Barnes suck and the o line is weak. There’s so many problems with this team I can’t cover them all. Down vote all you want but I’m right and this was pathetic.

4 2

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

My heart wants me to hate Ludwig but then my head remembers we’ve hit this point with every OC for the last 10 years and I’m left looking for the common denominator.

3 6

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

It’s been a good ride with whit and company, but it’s time for a fresh identity.. give the reins to scalley

3 3

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

This could be the worst take in the history of the internet.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Bear in mind that this is Ludwig’s 5th year of running the same scheme week after week. It’s been good enough to win the majority of games. At the same time, the other teams in the conference know what he is going to call and when. It just takes a good enough defense to take advantage of that knowledge and the last two weeks have shown that.

There’s a reason OC’s don’t stay in one place for this long without diminishing returns.

1 3

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I wonder if any of it has to do with Ludwig getting scouted and almost left Utah but the buyout was too large.

I would hope he isn’t being petty, but seeing the offensive effort this season has me wondering.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

surely no. just looks like hes got that same old leash on.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Ludwig’s preferred offense is multiple tight ends with a mobile QB who can hit them consistently. When he doesn’t have that, you get season’s like this one. When you only have one guy on the team that can run his offense properly, that’s on coaching not the players.

And by the by, tonight was the first time I saw a picture of Rising’s brace. Anyone who thinks he can come back and be the QB he was wearing that terminator contraption is fooling themselves.

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

you have to take it down a notch. Ludwig is a great OC and has shown with the right key players what we can do. I’m taking this blame on Nate Johnson. you’re going to blame Ludwig for nates in ability to accurately pass the ball?? Oregon took advantage of what exactly we were very weak at in our football team. CB on defense & QB throwing.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

Why recruit the kid if you can’t run an offense that plays to his strengths at all? The play calling has completely changed between him and Barnes. Nate should have never been recruited by this staff if they weren’t going to tailor an offense to his strengths. I’m not saying Nate is ever going to be a great QB, but this offensive style isn’t helping at all.

EastCoastUte
          Ute Fan
          @eastcoastute

because Nate has a good chance of getting a season ending injury if he keeps running like he does, and UCLA held Nate from running. Oregon State would have done the same. Nate is growing as a player every game, you notice at this game, hes taking the time to look down field rather than just run the ball. Thats very mature of him to do because the last 3 games, once the pocket breaks, he just runs without looking down field. Nate’s going through the growing pains, im just worried that his inaccuracy is not something that will get fixed over a week…or two. I hope im wrong.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Lud is to blame for not designing and calling plays to NJ strengths. He’s not a pocket passer, yet. His footwork, flat footed throws, needs work. He throws better on the run and runs better than he throws. Attack the edges, run RPO with NJ reading and keeping when right, move the pocket. The play calling for NJ is different in his utility use than in starts. It immediately changed for BB last night. Why? Ludwig is the problem or at least a big part of the problem.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

the offensive problems run deep. our recruiting has failed. WR core is ass and clearly not p5 level. RB stable worst its been since joining the PAC-12

2 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

McDonald was a terrible judge of talent. Outside of Ty Jordan (I’m just assuming McDonald recruited him) all of the running backs he’s recruited have been massively overrated.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Ludwig’s coaching isn’t the issue with the offense. Injuries, and an over-reliance on Cam is the problem.

NJ played a decent game. There were several first-down throws dropped, and a TD got called back for a false start (maybe not called back, but we would have scored). WRs got their hands on balls, and did not catch them. OSU’s receivers caught similarly poorly thrown passes all night.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

There were at least 10 dirtballs or skyballs

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I’m not sure how you are able to separate Ludwig from what is going on with the offense. Players play and coaches coach. If the player is not capable of doing what the coach wants but the coach asks for it anyway, that is not on the player.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Does anyone remember that we had a top-20 offense last season?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

how many points carry over to this season?

1 1

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

The point is Ludwig didn’t magically become a crappy coordinator. With Rising, Kuithe, and JJ we have essentially the same offense as last year and are a playoff contender.

The issue is injuries and therefore being force to play talent that isn’t ready.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Without those 3, Utah is a playoff contender. It’s up to Ludwig to figure out how to get it done and calling last years game plan hasn’t been as successful this year. If your scheme is such that only one player on the roster can run it properly, that is a scheme problem and not a player problem.

I’m not conceding losses on any of the future games. The D they played against last night is every bit as good as Utah’s and we all got a graduate level course in what it looks like when a defense the caliber of Utah’s gets to take free shots at our team’s QB all game. The good news is that I don’t think Utah would face another D like that this year unless it is in a bowl game. But as long as the player’s are not put in the best chance to succeed, the other teams defensive game plan is now written in stone.

It is up to Ludwig to counteract that. He starts earning his genius stripes today in film study because if he just continues to trot out the same blech every week hoping that TQWSNBN eventually comes back and saves the season, he is as overrated as I believe.

RoboUte
              Ute Fan
              @hamplate

Further to that point those three players didn’t go down last week. Lud has had 10 months to figure something out and he hasn’t only failed to do that, he’s seemingly refused to even try.

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

Maybe OnlyU is actually Ludwig? I’ve never seen them in the same place at the same time and they both seem convinced that when TQWSNBN started working out in June that he would be ready to go for game 1.

Heck, I seem to remember being told that both TQWSNBN and Kuithe would not only play against Florida but that they would play well. And anyone who doubted that needed to find something else to fret about.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.