Daily Fantasy Sports (Draftkings, Fanduel, etc)

Viewing 6 reply threads

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

Does anyone else play daily fantasy? I know everyone has been barraged with the commercials. I like fantasy football and sports betting, and this is a really fun format. I did a free entry last week and won $150. (came in 129th out of 383k, thank you Carlos Hyde!). Depending on how the game shakes out tonight I could win $9 on my $3 game and $20 on my $20 game.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on draftkings my username is natas_drol.

I like draftkings UI and mobile app better than FanDuel but I will probably try FD next week. If anyone is interested in signing up for Draftkings and getting a free entry and a deposit bonus you can use my referral link:

https://www.draftkings.com/r/natas_drol

Full disclosure: I will get a bonus free entry for everyone that signs up through the link.

You can also get the same offer with any of the thousands of promo codes out there. Just google draftkings promo code and go to draftkings.com.

I think my strategy going into next week will to draft a high powered qb/receiver/rb combo like brady/gronk/lewis or roethlisberger/brown/williams and then try to fill in the rest with undervalued guys or up and comers. Steelers get Leveon Bell back next week, so he is sure to take some carries from Williams. They play a tough defense on the road (Rams) but the Roethlisberger->Antonio Brown combo is consistently very good. Pats playing the jags at home should generate a lot of offense.

As far a value players, Danny Woodhead has been solid for me the last couple of weeks and was a good value, he’s a big part of San Diego’s offense, especially while getting Melvin Gordon acclimated to the NFL. Stevie Johnson as well. I’m looking at the Browns-Raiders matchup. Travis Benjamin won’t likely repeat his performance but may be developing into a favorite target of JFFs. Derek Carr is a bit of a gunslinger and Cooper and Crabtree may do well. Allen Robinson blew up this week, if Jags get behind early to the pats, then Bortles may have to start slinging it a lot and Robinson will be the beneficiary.

Tight ends are a crap shoot. It’s a very inconsistent position except for Gronk who is uncoverable. Graham has been very quiet in Seattle and looks way over valued. Kelce was shut down by Denver. Witten has been pretty solid. Ladarius Green in SD is looking like he may be a good value if he continues to improve while Gates is out. Richard Rodgers had a great game last night, can he repeat against KC? A. Rodgers may keep targeting him since he adds another receiving option with Jordy Nelson’s absence and Randall Cobb’s injury.

Running backs can be tough because so many teams do RB by committee nowdays. DeMarco Murray looks like a victim of Chip Kelly’s hubris. LeVeon bell is back but Williams played very well in his absence will they split carries? Carlos Hyde was amazing week 1 and dropped off a cliff week 2, now he is questionable going into week 3. Will Giovani Bernard continue to get the lion’s share of the Bengal’s carries after Hill’s fumblitis?

Hopefully I am not the only one who has been obsessed with the weekly fantasy games. I’ll be posting my week 3 lineup(s) when I have them set. If anyone has any good tips or players to look out for please post here.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by execUTEioner.

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

Here’s my line-up so far for the DK 7M millionaire maker:
      whatever

This depends heavily on Pats having a huge day at home against the Jags as they are expected to do. Allen Robinson because he’s been undervalued and I think Bortles will need to start slinging the ball when they get behind. Larry Fitzgerald still has a lot of gas in the tank and with a healthy Palmer at home he should do well. Danny Woodhead has been a good value through two weeks and the Titans DST should have a good day against the slumping Colts at home. I really wanted the Jets or Seahawks but I couldn’t afford them. Hyde should be good to go against AZ. He’s the main guy in SF with Bush ingured and Kaepernick needs help from the running game. I thought I may be in to heavy on pats players and considered getting another RB other than lewis but he has been undervalued the first two weeks.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

I swapped out Allen Robinson for Michael Crabtree and that freed up enough salary to trade the titans defense for the seahawks. Robinson doesn’t have much of a track record to think the can be consistent. Seahawks defense should dominate Jimmy Clawson and the Bears.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was curious if anyone was playing these (or if they would admit it if they did). With all the advertisement my BS warnings were on overtime, but nice to hear you are having some success.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

They are just a form of legal gambling. DK and FD are both making a killing exploiting a loophole in the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. They are also dropping a ton of money to acquire new customers and are probably burning cash in order to do so, hence the constant barrage of ads and sponsorships when watching any football event. In week 1 I did a free entry into a $3 game and a $20 entry in the big featured game. Won $155 (plus my entry fee) total. Last week I did the same two games plus a $3 game that was only the Sunday and Monday night games and won $19 (plus my entry fee). I’m definitely hooked, but I like FF and sports betting. I don’t expect to win millions but I’ve won enough to make it fun and interesting.

It appears congress will be looking into the rise of DFS so who knows if it will last. http://www.atlredline.com/congress-now-investigating-legality-of-daily-fantasy-sp-1730791624. It would be pretty crazy if they killed DK and FD, both have recently been valued at over 1 Billion dollars each.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I’ve been really tempted to try out FanDuel or DraftKings, but haven’t pulled the trigger. Its good to know someone that has had success.

My fantasy football league with friends didn’t pan out so I’m looking for something to do fantasy football-wise this season.

Might try DraftKings.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

They both have slightly different rules. The scoring is mostly the same. Both have 1QB 2RB 2WR, Defense/Special Teams and 1 TE, FD has a kicker slot while DK has a flex (RB/TE/WR) slot. Yahoo has a copy cat daily fantasy sports too, I’m going to try it this week, the salary cap is much lower it seems (compared to player salaries) so you really have to find value players. The DK mobile app is better than FD in my opinion but I like the FD web app better than DK. I mostly use it from mobile so that’s why I went with DK.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

It appears congress will be looking into the rise of DFS so who knows if it will last. http://www.atlredline.com/congress-now-investigating-legality-of-daily-fantasy-sp-1730791624. It would be pretty crazy if they killed DK and FD, both have recently been valued at over 1 Billion dollars each.

It will be interesting to see what Congress does here. Despite the risk of starting a thread on Gaming Law and the ills of gambling in general, I can’t help but think Utah could really benefit from taking some of this money and putting it toward something worthwhile (*cough*education*cough*).

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

DraftKings or FanDuel could cost NCAA athletes a year of eligibility

Kind of a no-brainer here. As DFS gets more and more popular it will get more scrutiny. It will be interesting to see if it stays legal.

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

Big scandal in the DFS world. A DraftKings employee with access to inside info won 350k on FanDuel. He claims that he created his lineup before he had the ownership % information, but many aren’t buying it. DraftKings and FanDuel employees are prohibited from playing on their own company sites but not other sites. This is going to get more interesting. I am guessing that DFS days as a legal diversion are numbered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/sports/fanduel-draftkings-fantasy-employees-bet-rivals.html

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Daily Fantasy Sports (Draftkings, Fanduel, etc)