Damn! This is breaking news!

Viewing 7 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

The daughter is trying to resurrect it and I wish her luck. My pretty reliable sources said they haven’t picked the location yet. Hopefully we’ll all be eating cheese fries in 2023!

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Hickory Burger with Cheese Fries and the hickory dipping sauce was a go to for our family. 

8 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Meh. 

1 6

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Gimmick restaurant with average at best food. 

If the food was good it would not have died. 😑 

rUckUs
        Ute Fan
        @ruckus

It closed due to what was essentially a custody battle between the owners. Not really fair to say it was because of the food. It was obviously profitable if it’s making a comeback. The lawsuit was likely just settled.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

True, but for about a decade prior to their final demise the owners didn’t appear to do much to refresh their restaurant. The furnishings and restaurant trade fixtures in the restaurants were breaking down and they didn’t spend the capital to replace them. Back in the late ‘80’s I remember they actually had to hire front door security at some locations because the demand was so high and they obviously wouldn’t take reservations.

rUckUs
            Ute Fan
            @ruckus

That’s a very valid point. Even in my childhood (90s), it was never packed. A newish owner, new location, and a reopening gives them a chance to refresh it all though.

But that still doesn’t mean the food was bad, and it’s definitely still not the reason they closed.

1 3

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’d prefer that this establishment be resurrected.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I went to the one on 400 S an awful lot. I remember choosing to eat there after my high school graduation.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Didn’t the owners start up the JCW franchise?  (might be mistaken on that)

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

I don’t know but I know they have some of the similar foods on their menu.

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

A bit of trivia on the Training Table.

My late brother Paul & I had a telecommunications company called Salt Lake Telephone in the late 70’s & early 80’s.  We sold & installed the phone system when the Training table opened. Our selling point for using telephones. 

You will save money by employing less staff for service. Customers can place their order directly to the kitchen by phone.”

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

I’d rather they brought back the Zepher, miss that place. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

My band played there 100’s of times. Great, great memories. Played with a lot of big named acts that were either on their way up, or their way down. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I was mugged at gunpoint near that place. I was a weirdo with no wallet or cash, so the person was upset. He knocked my pencil and notepad out of my hand and ran off. I should have offered to draw him a picture, but I was scared that I might die. At the time, dying concerned me.

PAC12Teams
          Ute Fan
          @utahbb

Oh Ya!  I remember U…

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

At the time, I was scared, but now you and I can laugh about it. Life, huh?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Damn! This is breaking news!