David Shaw > Whittingham?

Viewing 2 reply threads

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

I’ve seen media polls that show the opinion that David Shaw is better than Kyle Whittingham. These people are insane. Stanford is a dumpster fire and they have really talented players. If Whittingham ever could recruit the same talent that Shaw has had in the past 4 years, Utah would win a national championship.

1 12

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah but Stanford actually makes their athletes be students. I have tons of respect for Shaw. Whitt owns the head to head though. 

That recent win Stanford had being as battered as they were?  It was impressive coaching for sure. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Yeah but Stanford actually makes their athletes be students.

And Utah doesn’t? Interesting statement to make on the same day it’s announced that Utah has the highest graduation rate in the country.
        Utah athletics is getting it done in the classroom, to the tune of a No. 1 ranking

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Stanford vs Utah?  Always under a presumption it is more difficult. 

Utah also makes their athletes be students. I was always impressed with Beadles getting his engineering degree in four years. Utah’s is typically five. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Also I guess keeping it to Football. If Utah lost three Oline to injury how many wins would we get?  Stanford has Six healthy olineman. 

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Not sure that’s a fair assessment. Stanford is on its 3rd QB and its oline has a combined starts of 26(?), I think; and more than half of those starts are with two guys. It has a total of 7 linemen, 2 of which are/were walk-on, including a TE. And, as you already know, Stanford is much harder to get in, even as a football student-athlete.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That all being said losing to fUCLA is turrible. 

COUte
        Ute Fan
        @coute

Their third string QB, West, is rated higher than any QB Utah has ever recruited.

salty-ute
          Ute Fan
          @salty-ute

Dude played like trash against one of the worst defenses in the country. I get that it’s his first game, but he looked like he hardly belonged on a college field. Zero confidence and hesitated on every throw. Got bailed out on an interception as well.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

With no experience and no oline to protect him. Context. Maybe he will be terrible for the rest of his playing career — who knows.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 David Shaw > Whittingham?