Days of the Underground Tunnels

Viewing 1 reply thread

CornellUte
      Ute Fan
      @cornellute

It’s interesting to read all the criticism of Whitt and the lack of offense.  While I totally agree it’s frustrating, I remember the 80’s football teams, coached by Fassel, who’d often get into shootouts with other WAC opponents, where offense was the least of the issues.  (As a side note, am I the only one who fondly recalls the nachos you could get at the concessions in the tunnel on the south-east side of the stadium?)

I remember going to games in the 80’s where it was infuriating that Utah couldn’t seem to get a stop on defense.  Now we’re on the other side of the spectrum with Whitt, where it always seems to be relying on the defense at the end to make one last stop.  It’s frustrating to say the least, but is consistent with most programs.

Call me old fashioned, but I think it’s important to step back and appreciate it for what it is.  While I don’t like staying up late on the east coast to watch Utah lose a game at the end, Utah football will always be that fond bit of nostalgia, the thing my brothers and I still talk about, despite our substantial differences in life and views on religion, politics, etc. 

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

I still remember when Scott Mitchell threw for an NCAA record (at the time) 631 yards against Air Force and lost. To me that game was a microcosm of that whole era

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Days of the Underground Tunnels