Double U vs Drum and Feathers

Viewing 9 reply threads

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

So are you all seeing this? There is a slow burn move from the Drum and feathers logo to the double U logo. Me personally I like it.  Two questions 1) are you seeing this like I am that it is a concerted movement?, 2) what do you think?

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I don’t know if it’s a concerted movement but I do love it. My favorite uniform is the “throwback” that they introduced some years ago. I wish it was our normal uni.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

^^^this

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I also like it, but wouldn’t want to lose the drum and feather either. 

Yes to #1. Most thumbnail logos are the interlocking U…maybe it just displays better as a small image? Could be intentional, who knows? 

Yes to #2, and hope we see a super cool helmet design this year that’s better than the field goal hands or swoop wings. Didn’t care for either of those, although I could see why folks liked them. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

There’s definitely an intentional effort to move away from the Drum and Feathers. I don’t like the move. The interlocking U’s reminds me too much of Oklahoma and Houston. 

I do like the throwback uniform, but it would be so much better if they did the same uniform with the Drum and Feather. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Agreed.  I much prefer the “Drum & Feather” logo over the “interlocking U” one, but wouldn’t be averse to seeing one or two games a year with that 2nd style.  That said, I think it our field would like way cooler if we’d replace that “Block U” at the 50-yd line with the “interlocking U” logo instead.

Most importantly, I hope we never again see the “Rice University wings” or the “field goal hands” helmets ever again.  Those totally SUCKED!

GO UTES!!!

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

Interesting that you mention that because I was discussing the midfield logo with my Dad at the Spring game. Personally I’d go with the drum and feather, but I wouldn’t have any problem if they went with the interlocking U’s.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

I believe the “Drum & Feather” would look better than that bland “Block U” we’ve been using, but it might look a bit “too busy” for a midfield design.  The “Interlocking U” in my opinion would be just right.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I like the interlocking U. DnF is a clean unique look that I don’t think is going away. Marketing the way it is you have to be flashy. Look at the amount of professional team logos. 

4 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I really liked the spring game helmets. The number on one side and interlocking U on the other looked sharp. Maybe use feather stickers hanging from the U for certain accomplishments. Captain, Dean’s list, degree, etc..

3 5

DanielLaRussoUte
      Ute Fan
      @daniellarussoute

I like the DnF in concept, but it is in dire need of an update.

It is seriously one of the most poorly rendered logos still in wide use.

I think that relates to some of the appeal of the clean and orderly interlocking U’s.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Correct me if I am wrong but if they just remove the drum and keep the feather we have no problem with any Native American backlash.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Like clockwork this topic pops up every year

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Some of the transition seems to not necessarily be away from the drum and feather, but also away from the block U (especially TV graphics.) In my opinion the interlocking U’s and the D&F are both preferable to the block U. I’ve held off getting a U of U license plate for years because the only option at the moment is the block U. If they went back to the either of the other logos I’d order one in a heart beat.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Double U vs Drum and Feathers