Ephraim Asiata

Viewing 6 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Any insight or inside information on why we didn’t sign Ephraim?

Legacy kid, good talent and clearly works thru adversity.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

He never let go of his past life when he moved to Herriman. Hope he figures it out and succeeds in Provo

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

If my memory serves me correctly, I remember a past post that indicated he wanted to go to the U, but the fit was better at the Y.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Yes that’s code for Utah backed away from him.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I have no idea. I think this will be a kid, like Zach Wilson, who will have a great career at BYU. There are so many variables at play that while I think this is a great question, the only people who really know are the kid, his parents and to some extent the coaches.

This is going back a long way, but his father originally signed with BYU but did not qualify and had to go to Snow. After a great couple of years at Snow, he signed with Utah.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Sometimes a talented guy just isn’t a good fit. It isn’t good or bad or anything else. What Utah wants and what he wants aren’t the same, so he went somewhere else.

He’s a great player and we will get to hear for years why didn’t we take him, but I’m ok with it. When Whitt/Scalley meet with a kid and there is a mutual parting of the ways it’s not a bad thing. I trust those two.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Utah backed away from him due to character issues. Hopefully BYU is the right environment for him to put his past life behind him. And if things go well, maybe he becomes a transfer target to Utah in a year or 2.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

You can take the kid out of the hood but you can’t take the hood out of the kid.

Hopefully he’s successful at byu but he’s a huge off the field risk.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Risk > Reward for multiple schools that cooled on him before signing day.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ephraim Asiata