4 3

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

That’s all I have to say. Dude couldn’t be worse

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

The lineup of Smith, Worster, Madsen, Carlson, and Keita is pretty damn fun to watch

NashvilleTNUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilletnutefan

This team has exceeded my expectations so far. I think I said on this board at the beginning of the season that this roster wasn’t capable of making it to the tournament. I’m hoping I eat crow on that prediction. As of now I’d say we are squarely on the bubble, but still a lot of basketball left to be played. Conference play is always tough, even though the pac appears to be pretty weak this year

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

Teamrankings.com does a simulation of the rest of the season and currently has us as a 96% chance to make March Madness. Seems higher than I would think but we are more likely than not to make the tournament in my opinion.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Currently NET #17.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

I couldn’t agree more tanute. Those five are really good. Smith is the spark plug. He is so athletic and gets separation off the dribble. His passing surprised me. I like Worster as a secondary ball handler. Keita is a beast and should play as many minutes as possible.

Barjema and Erickson look lost out there. Exacte could help if healthy. We need 1 more athletic 2-3. Play Madsen some at 2. Barjema needs to step up. He has talent and his shooting could be an asset. We have the pieces to the puzzle now we need to figure out to use them.

2 1

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

Ug, I dont understand the hate.
      H. Erickson 10 min, 2 asst, 1 turnover; no shots
      B Carlson 9 min 1 foul. No shots, no rebounds;
      No assists. No turnovers.
      C Pajama 14 min 1-4 2pts 3 rb no assist no turnovers.

These are all not positive, but they arent super negative either. They are all filling roles by soaking ups some minutes without getting in yhe way. I dont see how its constructive to bash any of these guys.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

Majerus was the master of putting the pieces together. Each player had a defined role. With D Smith in the fold Erickson and Bajemas roles will change along with Worster. Now it’s up to coach Smith to establish new roles. There should be no hate on any player. We need everyone to buy in and put the team in the best position to win. 8 man rotation simply puts Erickson in to the 9 th spot. He can fill that role when needed.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I think all of the guys getting minutes have the potential to be valuable contributors. Bajema has been huge for us in some games. Erickson at least has the ability to come in and not be terrible. He is at least as good as brenchley.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Erickson is gonna get minutes until the Exacte suspension is over.

Conference play has started and Smith is gonna shorten the rotation to probably 8

Br Carlson
      R Worster
      G Madsen
      D Smith
      K Keita

Are the main 5 that are going to get the major minutes. Knock on wood pray to whatever God you believe in these 5 stay healthy.

L Lovering
      C Bajema

Will continue to start but like Big Rick said “starting in for High School” these two will play depending on matchups, fouls, or God forbid injuries

Be Carlson
      H Erickson

Will get 10 minutes a game as needed.

IF or WHEN Smith lets Exacte out of the doghouse(he’s not injured)he will take Erickson’s minutes.

This is absolutely a tournament team if those top 5 stay healthy.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Where was it confirmed that exacte was suspended? I thought they were calling it an injury.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

Smith is not going to confirm a suspension. He keeps that stuff in house. The “injury” is a coverup.

concerned
        Ute Fan
        @concerned

I have no idea, but I would guess Keita wont start until he shows consistently that he can stay out of foul trouble.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

At the beginning of the year I thought the same thing. Then I started paying more attention to his fouls. At least 1 or 2 per game are complete BS. Possibly they are mercy calls for the other team. There is contact and so it must be the big guy. Yes, he does know he is big. That said, one problem is his moving screens and he is anxious to make it work. He needs to just set the screen and it is the teammate’s job to make the best use of the tree to rub off a defender. The rebounding fouls come because he wants every one. Burgess will ease him into a sweet place.

Fred
      Ute Fan
      @fredflintsone

So, is that definitive that WE is under suspension and not injured? If so, the best kept secret that some of us had no idea of.

2 4

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Put Erickson on a south bound bus. 45 miles and drop him off. I will pick up the tab

Kellso
      Ute Fan
      @kellso

If he would just stay within his abilities, he would be a good player. Don’t forget he is a Ute!

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

Erickson, Bajema, Lovering and Ben Carlson have each contributed to varying degrees in different games and allow Smith the flexibility to go to the hot hand.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The new guys don’t mesh right away. Some of us can wait to see it come together. Be patient and don’t try to view the team as a finished product minute by minute. Watch the team change game by game.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Erickson deserves zero minutes