First day of Ute Hub\'s existence blew me away

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I turned on registration this morning and then headed out to play golf. After that I went to a party at my dad’s house. 12 hours after I returned to my computer. The forum exploded with over 250 posts/replies! I was almost overwhelmed by them all, and have gone through and tried to respond to each one as I thought was necessary.

The user base started at 1 (me) and is now at over 165.

The site didn’t crash all day. (baby steps)

The best part? The commentary has been so positive and complimentary about having a new place and new format.

What an opening day. Thanks to all and spread the word. I’ll work hard to make the workings of the site the best they can be and hope your great participation and posts help it grow to something special.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Thanks for getting this site set up so quickly!

I think that this place can be great if we make it somewhere that will evolve with what Ute fans want in a place to chat about their Utes!

Great work so far!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Many thanks. There are critics already but that’s fine. I’m very happy with the response so far.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

There will always be critics. Just keep a finger on the pulse of your REAL members and they’ll keep coming back to make this place GREAT!

Anonymous
      Inactive

When I hit reply on a boardmembers post it refreshes to the top of the thread. On my phone at least.

Badbadute
      Ute Fan
      @badbadute

I have seen this happen 4 or 5 times on facebook in the last year alone.
      Especially in Sports related groups, A group will splinter and people will act like kids choosing a parent in divorce, they will gnash teeth and proclaim one superior and one a piece of trash when in the end both sides generally want what is best for them.

Time will tell what happens here.
      if the site stays the way it is with an ever expanding improved format, An active admin base and overall positive membership it will continue to grow and eventually take over the reigns as the place to be.

Utefans.net has been for a while a page of clique’s that have and will run people off.
      I have been there to damn long and know enough people to ” get run off’ But i stopped posting as much as I once did because I was turned off by the Mob mentality.

I think posters have called more Ute fans zoobs than BYU fans in the last few years.

Who knows if this place will really become the new home for Utah fans or just another niche page for the people that burn out at UFN.

All I know is that it is nice to have feedback from a site owner/admin and people that genuinely seem to care about the online experience.

So great job on getting the place set up Tony, I have appreciated what i have seen so far and look forward to much growth and success.

Bob

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Beehive, the reply field is at the bottom which is sort of a pain. I’ll look on my phone. It’s positioning in the reply field in my browser though.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I have a droid it keeps dragging it to the top when my keyboard pops up.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks Bob.

I don’t intend to be half-assed about this site.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

i think you might have a bug on the time posts are made or maybe it’s picking up the time zone of the poster??

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

without any like features, I’ll just drop a +1 right here.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions First day of Ute Hub\'s existence blew me away