Friendly reminder, The Drive begins on Wednesday!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads

LiquidUte
      Ute Fan
      @liquidute

I cut the cord last spring after having pac12 on DISH since it’s inception. Only channel I regret losing. Wish it was a la carte. May have to borrow a sub from a family member and watch it on a mobile device.

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

Will it be an hour long or 30 minutes per episode?

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I am super pumped for this to air, one worry I have is that Oregon State is going to be very similar. Wish they would’ve solely done it on the Utes.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Cant wait, I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a huge factor in me subscribing to DISH.

UteSteve
      Ute Fan
      @utesteve

The preview video they did for it looks really good. I was trying to find it so I could embed it here but had no luck.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I removed my link as I just realized @AZswayze already posted it at the top.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Astute Ute. Reason: Embed link didn't work
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Astute Ute.
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Astute Ute.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

I actually like the fact they are doing two teams instead of one. Two years ago they had both ASU and Cal and it made for an interesting contrast because the Sun Devils were having a very good year — getting to the league title game — while Cal struggled and lost every week.

By the end of the year, they seemed to spend much more time on ASU since its games meant more to the conference race etc. I imagine that’s what will happen this year — assuming we play well and stay relevant while Andersen’s Beavers take a pounding every week.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

It’s the perfect drama too considering all the offseason happenings between Utah and OSU.

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I haven’t watched this show before. Do they dedicate each episode to one team, or does each episode include segments from both?

UteSteve
          Ute Fan
          @utesteve

It’s my understanding each team will get their own, 30 minute episode each week.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

When they chronicled two teams a couple of years ago they split the episode up amongst the programs. There were not separate episodes for each team, and I think they’re following the same format as they did with ASU/Cal.

UteSteve
              Ute Fan
              @utesteve

Ah that’s pretty disappointing if true. UCLA got full episodes last year (I know they were the only team, but still). I was hoping for the same this year.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I agree with the drama. I guess my biggest worry, is they will both be so similar. In one of the preview videos Coach Whit and GA both put emphasis on the exact same thing. Honestly though, I would have never imagined having a dedicated program show casing our talents, never would’ve happened on the horrendous MTN. Really looking forward to it.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Friendly reminder, The Drive begins on Wednesday!!!