Viewing 2 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman
      8 8

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Easy fix. Stop with the secrecy nonsense. It’s ridiculous. Tell us about injuries. Open practice up. Transparency is never the wrong move.

Always be leery of any organization that shirks responsibility through secrecy. If they won’t tell you what’s going on, where your money is going, what’s happening…that’s a huge red flag.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

The bad news about all of this – is that other teams (when recruiting) are saying that Whitt handled this terribly and are suggesting that he really does not care about his players.

If I was Whitt – I would come out and make a clear statement as to what happened this spring and summer. But, this is NOT Whitt’s style. He is what he is and no one is going to change that.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I really hope he doesn’t make any more comments on it. Focus on the season. Cam Risings delayed response can just end it as far as I am concerned. Seems like he is taking the season serious with the players he has.

I don’t understand how Rose is so far behind. Is it because of the current rep count being favorable for a starter now? I guess that is all I care about going forward. Can’t change the past and regret only makes you lose sight of what it is important.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Solid advice on every point.

6 1

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I don’t really agree that transparency was #1. Fielding a football team is #1. I don’t care if he keeps something from the fans so long as he actually makes any attempt to prepare a quarterback, which didn’t happen.

I’m still pretty baffled that he coached his team as if he himself wasn’t aware of Cam Rising’s return timeline but I guess we’ll just be ignoring that little nugget.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Some will ignore it. Others want next man up at the HC position.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Are you one of those people? If so, do you think Scalley is the guy? Not trolling…you seem like a pretty sophisticated poster and would like to get your insight on this issue. Conventional wisdom says that Scalley is the heir apparent but nothing in this world is ever certain.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ve thought about this all afternoon. The idea that Whitt knew that Cam wouldn’t be back until Oct/Nov and did nothing is silly.

I’d put money down that Whitt was told by everyone, Cam included, that Cam had a really, really good chance to be ready by Florida.

AND CAM HAS BEEN PRACTICING. CAM HAS BEEN PRETENDING HE IS GOING TO PLAY.

When you take a step back and look at it, it doesn’t look like Whitt knew the real timeline and did nothing. It looks more and more like Whitt was lied to about Cam’s return, and trusting the lie that Cam would be ready by Florida, Whitt didn’t bring in another QB, because no QB would want to come to Utah if Cam was going to be starting by week 1.

If you are a transfer QB, you would LOVE to come to Utah. You have a team who puts TE’s in the NFL like crazy. Huntley is a NFL Pro Bowl QB. Rising won two P12 titles in a row and talked about being a NFL QB.

It’s a dream scenario for a QB like Slovis. It’s a no brainer. Whitt would have his pick of QB’s. UNLESS WHITT THOUGHT CAM WAS GOING TO BE READY BY WEEK 1.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

All I’m going to say is this…if the season goes down the tubes because of bad QB and offensive play, this issue will be a talking point for a while.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Furlong speaking truth