Gators

Viewing 7 reply threads

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

What are some of the things that make you guys confident we will beat Florida, or worry we may have trouble with them?

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

I worry about their team speed. I’m surprised we are favored by more than a touchdown. I’m also worried about no Cam Rising. My confidence comes in all our returners, Whitt and the game being at home.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

My confidence comes from having another year to scout them and see what they like to do.

Also, no Anthony Richardson. He was a freak that game and we had no answer.

I but the dynamic between our d and their o will be completely different in a good way.

1 6

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

C.R will probably not start against Florida. good opportunity to see what QB 2/3 look like. Either way Utah wins.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

From what I’ve seen, the more familiar Utah is with a program, the better we play them.  This is (partly) why we’ve been so good against conference opponents (and BYU).

Whether that’s a result of coaching or style of play is debatable… But it’s what I’ve noticed. Opening last season against a unique and dynamic talent with a new head coach is basically a nightmare from a prep perspective 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The Gators lost a lot from last season, and we lost some key players but the majority of our starters are back.

We will be better prepared now that we know what they do.

We are playing at home in elevation.  I think it is more mental, but it will be in their heads.

I believe that our defense will be much better than when we played them last year.  They were not good last September.

On the bad side – we may not have Rising at 100 %.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Last year we were not ready to play, especially on defense. The plays were there to be made, and we simply did not make them. My worries for this year’s game are reflected in the results of last year’s game. Will we be ready to play?

If we come prepared to play tackle football instead of two-hand touch like last year we will be fine.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My main concern is that we often start the season slow. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Which was also my concern in last years game at Florida. 

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

I’m with Tony, my largest concern is that we come out of the off season slow every year.

My biggest confidence is that it’s a home game and we rarely lose at home. (Superstition modulating my statement here).

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.