GoFundMe for the Jordan Family

Viewing 2 reply threads

Nick Bruce
      Ute Fan
      @nick88bruce

Hi everyone!! I’m sorry to be coming onto your page on such a tragic day, but I’ve had quite a few people reach out to me about the GoFundMe page I started today to help raise money for Ty’s family. I’m the Nick Bruce from Provo that has been trying my best to help the family. Here are some details for you all:

I’m a former BYU student who is still an avid Cougar fan. I got up this morning and saw the devastating news about Ty and had a desire to do something. I thought donating would be a good way to contribute in some small way, so I began looking for a GoFundMe for his family, but was unable to find one. Without thinking much, I started one, donated, and shared it with my Twitter friends, knowing many of them had more of a following than I do. I didn’t really think much of it at the time, just that maybe a few people would donate money over time and I could maybe just deposit it into a more formal page, done by his family or the school. It blew up much faster than I anticipated, with people being extremely generous and I realized I needed to have a much better plan than I had. I tried contacting the school, the athletic program, and the football team (through Twitter) with no luck, but finally the Director of Football Operations for The U, Jeff Rudy reached out to me. I explained the situation and we discussed how to move forward and assure the money would go directly to Ty’s family. He said he wanted to make a few phone calls and then he would get back to me. In the mean time, he instructed me to keep going, raising money. It sounds like at some point he might slap his name onto the fundraiser as well, but I’m not completely sure on that. But he encouraged me to continue! I’m extremely heartbroken by your loss and hate that there has been so much conflict in the midst of this. I assure you that all money will find its way to the family, and as more details from Jeff become available, I will let everyone know. Thank you so much to those who have already donated, and again so sorry for your loss.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Props dude, you have a good heart.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Thanks, Nick.  I posted the link earlier today, but there was some question as to its legitimacy (understandably so).  Hopefully, this helps relieve some of the hesitations.  Thank you for setting this up.  A few years ago when Coach Rose was diagnosed with cancer, the Ute family was very sympathetic and able to put the rivalry hatred aside for a few days.  Cougarboard really stepped up today, and this Ute fan is very appreciative.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football GoFundMe for the Jordan Family