Going to activate 63 unactivated accounts

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Currently there are 63 users who have not activated their accounts. This happens because their email provider is marking the Ute Hub activation email as spam and they don’t receive it.

I’ve been using my personal gmail account to send messages to those who have this problem and help get them activated. I’ll be taking on sending out messages to these 63, one at a time, from my gmail, so they can start using the site.

The email issue is a real pain. I hope to change the IP address of the server in the next day or two in hopes it resolves the issue.

execUTEioner
      Ute Fan
      @executeioner

Tony,
      I haven’t looked at the email headers since the other day, so pardon me if you have made adjustments. But there was an issue with the mx records not matching the box that emails are being sent from. The mx record for utehub lists mail.utehub.com while they are being sent from hosting.tkserver.com This will cause many email providers to mark the email as spam, even though they are on the same ip address. You can probably fix this with your smtp server config or create a spf entry to authorize hosting.tkserver.com to send mail for utehub.com. Setting up a reverse dns entry will also help email providers to see that the messages aren’t spoofed and are coming from the authorized server.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Hockeybeard.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Whoops, s**t, think I wandered into nerd world again. I’ll quietly step out and let you two get back to it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I have all sorts of DNS issues with my server and I’m not super well educated on it. Sounds like you are @executeioner. Can we talk about that, even on the phone? My IP is also on one blacklist, thinking of changing the site IP tonight, but it won’t fix the DNS/MX issues.

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

@admin I’m glad to help, check your BM. I’m no expert but I know those things will help with being marked as spam. After you fix those you should be able to request being un-blacklisted.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hats off to @executeioner for some help with the email issues. We’ve made some changes which we will wait and see how they work. Step in the right direction hopefully.

Frosty beverage waiting for you at the next tailgate!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Going to activate 63 unactivated accounts