Gratitude for Ty Jordan and the Ute Team

Viewing 1 reply thread

EmersonUte
      Ute Fan
      @blpace

I’m sorry to start another strand, but I wasn’t sure where this fit.  I’ve had a couple of thoughts since learning about Ty Jordan’s passing.  First, devastation.  Devastated for his family, his friends, his football family, and for the potential lost.  What a humble and talented young man.  Just devastated.  I’m so proud to cheer for a team that continually seems to find you men like Ty that we can be proud of cheering for.  No reservations about being happy for his success in any way.  It makes it sting all the more for everyone that knew him (if only through interviews).  He credits the O Line, Credit to his Mom, cites areas he wants to improve, and never made it about him.  He’s really a personification of what Utah football can and should be about.  

Second, it got me thinking about this team and staff and the football culture.  We have so many good guys like Ty that we get to learn about.  I can’t even begin to name them all – but I love hearing their stories over the time with the program.  In fact, the team has such a good culture that the coaches can actually use that culture to help reclaim players who have made big mistakes but need a second chance.  Guys like Darren Carrington and Francis Bernard.  Nothing makes me happier as a Ute than to see those guys get wrapped into the Ute football family and become successful.  In other words having guys like Ty on our team helps us lift up others that they can rub off on.

I agree with all the notions written on here about honoring Ty next year.  I think we should continue to work on them until there’s one everyone likes enough to really push with the Athletic department.  

KJU
      Ute Fan
      @kjute

I agree with everything you said except the last point where you sad we ( I assume you mean fans) come up with something for next year to honor Ty. This needs to come from the team. While we fans are hurting, that hurt is nothing compared to what the team is feeling as they were so much closer to Ty. I am sure they are thinking of what to do. We fans don’t need to push anything. This is my opinion and maybe I am completely wrong.

EmersonUte
        Ute Fan
        @blpace

you’re right, just wish there was more to do.  Just feeling empty

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gratitude for Ty Jordan and the Ute Team