Honest question: opinion of Larry K suspending TDS game?

Viewing 7 reply threads

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Admittedly I’m not the biggest basketball fan, and I wasn’t on any fan forum back when Coach K suspended the next TDS game after one of their players cold clocked our guy in the face. But it seemed like a big move of him to offer (did it ever happen?) to pay out the TrDS out of his own pocket for cancelling? I hear the TrDS ridicule him for it, but what’s the feeling from our fans?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I thought it was a great thing — showed he cared a lot about the safety of the players and made a statement that TDS had not done enough to control their players.  TDS fans will cast it as grandstanding and, even, fear of TDS, but TDS fans gonna spin everything their way.

This is among the things I liked about Larry K, but I agree with other many fans there is no excuse for the Utes not having an NCAA appearance for 5 years.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Yeah, I think him cancelling had less to do with the punch and more to do with the lack of accountability and consequences given to Emery for throwing the punch and then for going after Larry verbally after the fact. Rose should have suspended Emery for both of those things. Instead, he only received a one game suspension from the NCAA and a reprimand from the WCC. Rose and BYU didn’t do anything.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

If I remember correctly, Emery eventually apologized to Coach K after his little meltdown. To me, this was an admission by Emery that it was his own fault for everything that went down. Coach K was completely justified in cancelling that game. If the shoe were on the other foot, the Zoobs would be crying about being persecuted and everything else. F**k ’em.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I liked that he did it. No idea if he actually paid the buyout from his own pocket or not.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I belive he did pay the money. I think it was a shining moment in the Larry K Utah history. The more it got the zoobs panties in a wad the more I enjoyed it. 

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

He did.  Rep Greg Hughes noted that in his audit.  Prick!!!!  Hughes, not K

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I didn’t like the fact that he cancelled the game because I’ve always enjoyed the rivalry games even when they get chippy. But I did enjoy how much it upset all the Cougar fans, they still haven’t been able to let it go.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I frankly thought that after Emery reportedly (according to those sitting in the MUSS) told Larry to sit the f*** down, that Larry should have gone over and decked him.  But probably best he didn’t do that.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It was 100% a great decision. The fact that it upset the poo poo fan base was just a cherry on top.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Honestly it didn’t go far enough. He should have cancelled the game and then refused to play them ever again.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

If I had it my way, we’d never play ttds ever again, in any sport.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Well Dallas, there you have it:  only ONE Ute fan was mildly disappointed in Krystkowiak’s decision.  The rest of us, including myself, roundly applauded this decision.  The zoobs have long been known for their dirty play, and their administration had long been known for looking the other way about it.  If Utah didn’t do something about it, nobody would, and it would likely only escalate further.  It seemed that the tdS’ cheap shotting would become more and more brazen throughout the years…..or at least up until the point where the University of Utah stood behind a Utah coach bold enough to force accountability upon them.  Since then it seems, the tdS seemed to have tamped down a bit on their traditional hooliganisms.  Even in football.  And while the gridiron might have had more to do with Sitake, I think that the threat of Utah either cancelling or not-scheduling them has to have at least SOMETHING to do with it as well.

Well done Coach Krystkowiak!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Honest question: opinion of Larry K suspending TDS game?