@utah

Look at their OOC P5 games:

Alabama – Texas. 0-1
      LSU – FSU. 0-1.
      Mississippi St – Arizona. 1-0.
      Ole Miss – Georgia Tech. 1-0.
      Texas A&M – Miami. 0-1.
      Auburn – California. 1-0.
      Arkansas – BYU (even though they aren’t a P5 level school). 0-1.
      Georgia – Georgia Tech. 1-0.
      Missouri – Kansas St. 1-0.
      Tennessee – Virginia. 1-0.
      Florida – Utah. Florida State. 0-2.
      Kentucky – Louisville. 1-0.
      South Carolina – Clemson. North Carolina. 0-2.
      Vanderbilt – Wake Forest. 0-1.

The SEC is 7-9 OOC. And their biggest win? Arizona? Louisville? They lost to Miami, BYU, Florida State, Utah, Texas.

Why are we talking about how great the SEC is? Sure, they could be great, but we don’t have any data to back this up, other than “the eye test” which is utter bull s**t.

My advice to the SEC?

Stop scheduling down. And win your OOC games. Maybe next time don’t lose to Texas at home. Or BYU. Or Utah.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The networks are calling the shots, are they not? Seems hard to believe that this CFP isn’t entirely based on television audiences, though FSU no doubt is a national brand with its own partisan fan base.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

The SEC sucks. 8 conference games and a cupcake week is all you need to know.

3 3

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Why would they take your advice? Alabama is in and the SEC has had a team in the playoff every year. They are widely considered the best conference worth B10 a close second. Everything is coming up roses for them.

No offense but they don’t care what you or anyone else thinks as long a they keep making that money. The P12 is gone with best schools going to the B10, the B12 is devalued with the best schools to the SEC. B12 and ACC picking up the scraps does nothing but provide life support with an expiration.

The Big10, SEC, and ESPN have things right where they wanted them. Just as they planned.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

The ACC will be dead by August, FSU and co. will be gone as soon as they can because they’ve learned that the ACC isn’t getting them to the playoffs anymore.

Unfortunately, the SEC AND BIG 10 we dominate the playoffs, likely with 8-9 teams from the conferences combined getting in every year. The Big 12 and ACC are not stable, even though they both believe they are and college football will become NFL lite a whole lot faster than we think

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You’re on to something there. However, I think that you can also extend the instability factor to both the SEC and B1G as they’re currently configured. Why? Because there are quite a few legacy programs in both conferences that don’t move the needle at all, are dead weight with regards to TV statistics, and are essentially there to make up numbers. Legally, you can’t jettison those programs but what you can do is leave both the B1G and SEC and create a new entity that doesn’t include them. That’s what I think eventually is going to happen. So let’s start saying goodbye to Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, Vandy, Kentucky, Miss St, etc…

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I totally agree that the SEC deserved to be excluded from the playoff this year, and it makes me sad that what should happen vs what does happen are two very different things.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

The only way things will change is if people refuse to watch the product. Otherwise expect more of the same for eternity.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I haven’t watched a single CFP game and it hasn’t made a difference. If it keeps up I might need to start reevaluating my place at the center of the known universe.,,

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Yes, but if 50 million other people like you do the same thing it’s a different story.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

The current system has always had the 5 champions 4 spots problem. If you didn’t sift though every bit of it and said blindly that 3 of them were 13-0 and 2 were 12-1 it’s hard to not say all would be “deserving”. They all had bad games that they won and all had show pony moments.

But as we around here have seen all year and for 2 Rose Bowls a team without their star QB isn’t anywhere close to as good.

They got it right this time as much as it annoys me that it benefits Alabama.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How do we know if the SEC is any good?