How’re you feeling about our P12 CG chances? What’s different this time around?

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Most of us were very confident in 2019, and we all know how that turned out. Maybe I’m just jaded, but I think next Friday is a toss-up, no matter who we play. It’s relative, and I’d rather play UO. WSU is scrappy and more complete than UO. Our STs worry me, and we won’t have the RES home advantage. Both these factors could easily be worth 7-14 points IMO. Can we overcome that?

Regardless, as mentioned before, everything this year is a bonus. And I’m in awe of what this team has accomplished irrespective of how the next 2 games go. We have had better teams football wise, but this team might be my favorite! It is everything Utah football stands for. Can’t wait to cheer them on in Vegas. Go Utes!!!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Ute fans seem to be pretty divided on who they prefer to play. This is what I’ve heard from both camps.

Why fans want to play Oregon:

Subpar QB play, recently shown that Utah can go toe-to-toe with this version of Oregon.

Why fans want to play WSU:

They are not that talented. Utah usually beats teams with equal or less talent.

Why fans don’t want to play Oregon:

Utah struggles with talent. If Oregon puts together a good game plan and comes out firing, the game could easily get away from Utah. Also, there seems to be some major PTSD about playing Oregon in the CCG.

Why fans don’t want to play WSU:

Emerging as a really good team. Really good QB and RB play. Their strengths align with Utah’s weaknesses.

EmersonUte
      Ute Fan
      @blpace

I think having the game in Vegas is a net benefit to us. We have had a 2 wk head start on tickets…. so hopefully we make it a home game.  

I agree though. No comfort on the opponent or outcome.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We are the best team in the Pac-12. I just hope it doesn’t come down to a special teams play to win or lose. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Excited to watch Utah play in an extra game. Every game this season is a gift compared to what took place in the real world.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How’re you feeling about our P12 CG chances? What’s different this time around?