How’re you feeling about the UW game?

Viewing 7 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

UW looked unstoppable up to their UO game, but they haven’t been the same since then. The UO rout made us look much worse than we are, but that might have to do more with UO. UW O is elite, but so is our D. And their D is only a slightly better version of USC, so that should give us hope.
      We will need to score ~30 pts. Are we up for it, especially if JJ is out (I don’t know one or another)? Regardless, I hope we throw the kitchen sink at them and then some.
      I’m feeling more hopeful about this game than I did a few weeks ago. I predict a close one either way.
      What’re your thoughts?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah man I’m not sure. Their D didn’t impress me yesterday at all, but we also don’t have a Heisman QB and a bunch of 5 star players. We also lost JJ so I don’t know. Need some big doses of Vaki maybe. Not thinking we don’t have a chance, but man it is going to take some pretty solid offense.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

UW has an amazing pass offense. Our weakness seems to be pass defense. We can only be successful IMO if we pressure Penix and force some mistakes.

On offense, I am nervous because of Jackson’s injury. If he plays, will he be at full strength? Apparently, Vaki has been banged up.

UW is vulnerable and our coaches will need a good game plan to exploit their vulnerabilities. As some have posted, we have nothing to lose and UW has everything to lose including a chance at the CFP. That could play to our advantage.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I feel like we’ll keep it respectable but ultimately lose a 34-21 type game. We just don’t have the play makers on O to keep up.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

All the pressure is on Washington. They need to continue to win to maintain their CFP hopes. One thing to note, they’re completely one-dimensional as their defense isn’t much better than USC’s. I mean, Washington is #100 in the FBS in Total Defense. Whatever the case, I think that if they meet Oregon in Vegas it won’t be pretty for them.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I certainly wouldn’t favor us, that’s a hostile venue and Washington is a more complete team than us right now. But my gut tells me it’s not that unwinnable. We have a solid chance if we come with the right plan and the offense continues to gel.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Washington has looked beatable the last four games in a row. Eventually they’ll come a cropper. I’d hate to see them in the CFP versus Georgia. They’d get absolutely destroyed.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

You are probably right about Geogia. I think that Oregon is the best team in the PAC12 right now and if they play UW again in Vegas, I think they win by double digits.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

I think our only chance is if Barnes shows another upgrade in performance after getting another live game under his belt and the full starter reps he is now getting. Also, the last game seemed to show a little better understanding of taking care of the ball and trying to eliminate turnovers. He still threw a couple of questionable passes last game, but for the most part was more careful. All things being fairly good like pass blocking, run game adequate (Glover doing well, and maybe Vaki contributing), Some consistency finally showing from Mikey Mathews, and more help from Landon King, the Utes can do it. They have a chance, and that is all our Utes ever need. Go Utes!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

With JQJ, we lose but cover.
      Without him, Washington covers.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How’re you feeling about the UW game?