Huntley’s learning curve

Viewing 5 reply threads

Longview
      Ute Fan
      @longview

Part of what happened is Huntley seemed tentative.  Understandable given that he just came back from an injury.  Was it just me or did it seem like he had LOTS of room to run, but didn’t run.  The dual-threa quarterback must keep the defense honest by damaging with occassional run.  This didn’t happen.  Rather than think the sky is falling, this is just learning and coming back from an injury too tentative.

Huntely will be terrific — it is a process

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think I said earlier that Huntley’s biggest issue was accuracy, that came to the fore today.  You can get by with being “in the area” against BYU, but not against PAC 12 level talent.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think the injury was causing him to release a little early, thus the overthrows. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

At the game today: I was pretty upset to hear people booing Huntley at home. He didn’t have a good outing. But I think people lose sight that he is a 20 year old kid who just came back from an injury. We have seen Huntley’s potential. Give the kid some time. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I didn’t hear that. I’m on the west side. I did hear just a couple of boos as the team went to the lockers at half, and one must admit at that point the team was playing very poorly.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

The boos I heard were mid/late 3rd quarter after some poor offensive series. Maybe they were directed at the offense as a whole, but they were both pass plays for Huntley. I sit in W10. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m not far from you. W13.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was surprised they didn’t pull him at half time and try Williams. If not at half, certainly after the first few offensive series.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

He looked hurt with his arm hanging close to the half. His down field throws were all off and he never tried to throw back to the right. It was clear he wasn’t close to 100% and if I’m Chris Hill I’m on the phone to Kyle yelling about player health. Its one thing to think Maybe the kids healthy enough…but 2 quarters answered that question fully. At that point you have a choice. Probably lose and set the kids injury back, or probably lose and at least let the kid heal up while a working backup QB has a chance.

This is what destroyed Wynn, and what has hurt us in the past with Wilson and Booker…the willingness to burn out a key player to win todays game has cost us future games and it also can cost a kid their career.

I think we need to think about that. I’m rather p**sed that Huntley was left out there all game. Not because we lost but because it makes me worry about him and our future.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Huntley’s learning curve