MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I am not going to miss the pac 12 network

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I just told my wife that very thing.

Missing Bishop against SC is going to smart.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Just first half but still. Absolutely.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Was that the same crew that did the Stanford Colorado game last night?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

no. each crew gets one game per weekend. It was actually the right call if you aren’t a Utah fan. Had Bishop kept his head up, it’s reversed. Instead, it was forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player. it wouldn’t get called in other conferences, but by definition.,,

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

as much as I hate replying to myself, why the downvote(s)? watch Bishop’s reaction, he knew he effed up.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I’ll take umbridge since I saw it differently. Bishop was playing the bang-bang tackle not the ball. He hit the receiver with his back that was closer to his but than his head it seemed. A receiver’s head flops with a hit even when the head is not contacted. Oddly, Bishop glanced off him without great contact. 100% of the time that would not be called vs a RB, so I can only think a ref considered him a defenseless at the moment which is not at all common on a glancing hit that low but not involving legs. The stadium was in shock and not just because it is a home crowd. I support actual targeting, I simply feel this play is some distance from the intention of the rule. Either way, next year I expect we will be playing Texas rules football which is what I am more familiar with. Would you allow me to couch this as californian regulation to the extreme?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

All of the replays they showed at the game showed the following:

–not leading with the crown
          –didn’t launch
          –didn’t hit the offensive player high
          –hit with his shoulder
          –helmet didn’t make contact with offensive player

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

The rules state that:

1) lead with the crown of the helmet, or
            2) forcible contact to the head/neck area

So by #1, you are correct. But #2 is what leaves room for interpretation. And since the Pac-12 refs call anything close.,, I’ve said elsewhere that I don’t believe Bishop would have ever gotten flagged, let alone confirmed in any other conference. At the same time, it’s not the first time this year that Bishop has gotten flagged, even if they were overturned. He needs better awareness going forward or he is going to get the Maquise Blair treatment.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter whether I believe the flag was legitimate. The guys on the field did and the league office is going to back them up. So we need Ritchie to ball out the first half of next week.

MTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @mtute

If I could thumbs up several times for each post, I would. They SUCK. BAD.

1 1

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

Is it mostly because of the targeting call? It is unfortunate but it is probably the right call.

If it was the other way around I would be wanting the targeting

Florida just went up with under a minute which continues to help our strength of schedule wins

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am not going to miss PAC 12 refs