I don’t care about Wilson’s stat line or the opponent it came against

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

What I care about is how good his arm looks. He throws a better ball than either Huntley or Shelley, and as an added bonus he is proving to be a better runner than either of them too. 

Wilson is a true freshman who looks like the real deal and is only going to get better. 

7 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Awesome. This was the excuse people gave for Heaps…and Mangum…and Hill. 

It’s a BYU QB who had a good game vs a bad team. I get why BYU fans start drooling over him. But it’s not reality. 

Lets see how he and BYU look after 4 games next year. 

Until then, I’ll enjoy Huntley, who has already done what everyone says Wilson might do in the future. 

4 2

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Hill is playing in the NFL and actually makes an impact. That is more than can be said for any of our recent QBs. So I don’t know why you would include him. Wilson’s arm looks much better than Heaps or Mangum’s ever did.

5 3

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

His arm is not better than Heaps’. Why do you think Heaps hung around the NFL for a few years? 

Wilson has a bad throwing motion and not the strongest arm. Go look at Blackmon’s pick and the two dropped INT’s vs us. 

I was asked below why this bothers me so much.

This first post is why.

Too many BYU and Utah fans use “feelings” and other wishy washy crap to put BYU players on pedestals.

It’s weird. I don’t get it.

You have something that is easily verified by real outcomes and they trust their “feelings” or “eye test” when it’s simply and easily shown it’s not true.

Weird.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

How does Heaps hanging around in the NFL prove he had a better arm than Wilson does? Using that logic, Heaps had a better arm than any current college QB because, well, he hung around in the NFL and everyone else is still only in college.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

The debate on arm mechanics. Love this one let me know Chris Collingsworth. Wilson delivers a timely thrown ball and has a NFL frame. That beats out Huntley Shelley if you are just eyeballing two things. 

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

i don’t know about his arm strength but the kid has a very quick release and short stroke

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

His arm DOES NOT  look better than Heaps. Not even close. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Yes, he does look good.  Will he be an All American?  I doubt it because I don’t think he will have the receivers to do it.  But, he has some talent and will win some games.

8 4

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Thats a joke.  Huntley was number 10 in the country in terms of adjusted completion percenrage – 78%.  And that was against teams that had a pulse.  Not wmu, hawaii, umass and god knows what other horrific teams wilson played against.  Theres a lot of utah fans that really don’t understand football

2 4

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

They have this weird need to hold BYU up on a pedestal. I don’t get it. They did it with Heaps, Mangum, Hoffman, Bushman, Hill and now Wilson. 

I don’t get it at all. It’s weird. 

2 1

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

The kid had a great game(decent overall freshman season) and wanted to be a Ute.  We didn’t give him that chance because we catered to a higher rated QB.  The kid that wanted to be a Ute just had a great game and we are giving him credit for it.  Not sure why you’re so upset about it.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

We’ll miss you as a Utah fan, but you have to follow your heart

😏

Can you tell I’ve watched a few Hallmark Christmas movies with the wife?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

He hasn’t looked as good against better competition. I know you dont care about that but it is important. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I don’t care about BYU. Why must we talk about them ad nauseam?

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Wilson is a true freshman who looks like the real deal and is only going to get better.

Signed,
      Jake Browning’s freshman year.

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

Signed tanner magnum

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t care about Wilson’s stat line or the opponent it came against