I don’t see anything official on JJ

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I don’t see anything that indicates Jackson has officially entered the portal. The team will travel later today to Vegas. Will Jackson be on the plane? Will he come back next season?

I don’t know any of these answers. But, I hope he plays Saturday and is completely healthy for the first time this season. I certainly hope he comes back for next season.

Go Utes!!!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Been saying that since this rumor started. There’s nothing on the Internet or social media about him entering the portal.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Also, weeks back, when Medlock went into the portal, there were threads about Fotu putting his name in, but nothing yet, heck he was on Talkin’ Utes a week back.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

There’s nothing official but there are rumors on X that another team (Oklahoma State from what I’ve heard) has offered him a big NIL deal. The two “insiders” on this board have also both said that he could be gone because of NIL.

My guess is that JJ won’t make any type of announcement until after the bowl game, which is smart on his part.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree that there is enough smoke that something is going on with JJ behind the scenes. If Ok State wants him – we likely will not be able to compete with T Boone Pickens and all of his money. We could possibly match the NIL deal, but doing so could create some internal chaos. Other players would then want more money. Unfortunately, this is now all business.

I hope JJ decides to stay out of loyalty and a good NIL deal. If money is the only issue, OK State will likely win. Oh well.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Boone pickens has been dead for 4 years

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

True. I assumed his estate was still providing money to OSU. But, I admit that I don’t know. I did go out and search his donations and he gave over a billion to OSU in his lifetime. I am not sure if the estate is still donating or not.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Honestly, if he has ‘offers’ on the table and he’s feeling healthy, a good game can either help Utah match or other teams up the anty. So it makes sense to play, perform well (you know we are going to be heavy on the run game), and then see if you enter the portal or stay. Seems like so much for these young adults to have to deal with instead of just signing, playing, getting an education …

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I was going to post the same this Proud.

Thanks for the clarification Larry.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

JJ on the team’s Instagram arriving in Vegas. That’s a pleasant sight.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t see anything official on JJ