I have kept quiet on coach K

Viewing 7 reply threads
      5 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, he is failing.  We need a new coach, but we won’t get one.  His buyout is something we cannot afford.

This team looks lost most of the time.  I know we are young, but I also blame that on coach K.

I hope our new players next year can turn this mess around.

Go Utes!!!

2 1

User Suspended
      @a2ute

John Belein is out there… just saying

ABC123
        Ute Fan
        @canuhearme

Quit listening to 97.1 the ticket. It’s beginning to rot your brain.

2 1

User Suspended
          @a2ute

I live in Ann Arbor soooo, not really sure what this is.  Belein would be the perfect coach for Utah. He get’s under the radar kids to work as a team – what he did at UofM and West Virginia speak for it’s self. 

ABC123
            Ute Fan
            @canuhearme

Oh, no s**t!? Me too! What neighborhood you live in? Are you the guy I talked to at the goldfish swim school?

User Suspended
              @a2ute

Lol…I don’t know you but I’m very familiar with the Goldfish… don’t think they’re located in A2 though. Northville? 

ABC123
                Ute Fan
                @canuhearme

West stadium blvd close to izzys and wolverine brewery. In-laws live in northville tho.

User Suspended
                  @a2ute

lol.. near Skyline HS

User Suspended
                    @a2ute

Lol.. My in-laws live Norhville.  Stop by my UofM football tailgate.. have the U flag flying

ABC123
                      Ute Fan
                      @canuhearme

Crazy! I will definitely stop by then 👍

belli1976
                      Ute Fan
                      @belli1976

I grew up in Northville. Great town.

2 3

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ive been saying for 3 years now. Coach K relaxed after he got his big contract extension. Quit is not an appropriate word. But, relaxed, gave in, whatever you want to call it. His offense looks the exact same. No innovation. He has never been able to draw out of bounce plays. And the teams defense is TERRIBLE. Defense is an effort thing. I will NEVER blame the players for lack of effort or transferring, because in College ball it is K’s job to get them in the right position, to motivate to inspire. If guys “aren’t good fits” then recruit guys that are. Again, every program has a transfer here and there or 1/2 two a year at most. We have had 14 in 4 YEARS. 14. Unreal. Dude doesn’t care, he blames the players. And REAL coached run circles around him. There’s a reason we never beat Oregon, talent is one thing yes. But even when we are just as talented or close Dana Ultman is just that much better of a coach. Look at Bobby Hurley, he’s about to get ASU into the tourney AGAIN. We can’t get rid of him, but we can not attend games and voice opinions, then and only then will the AD get rid of him next year. I know our recruiting class is supposed to be great, but the issues aren’t the players its the one at the top. Sadly,not sure much is going to change until he’s gone. If someone wants to detail or provide evidence how or why it’s going to be any different other than “hope”please do.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The assumption is change will always be better. That is typically not the outcome. I trust Harlan is looking around for a replacement. Raising money to pay an outgoing coach is difficult I imagine. Better to wait and raise money to pay for a better one. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Sometimes change is required for good, or ill.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Right now it will be for the worst. Just my opinion. There isn’t really anything available. Everyone cheats. I am surprised honest people want to invest in the program. Obviously bias here but I believe donors are disgusted with the NCAA. I think there are plenty of people looking forward to the new pay to play plan. I have talked to a few that I know who are absolutely disgusted with College basketball. Some have moved on to support other programs. Like Rugby or Lacrosse. 

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

It’ll all play out next year. We’ll either be better and make the tournament or Larry will flop again and the buy out will be more manageable. 

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

I get it, yet K3 is not the only coach on the team. Unless he is an absolute autocrat, what are the other guys doing?

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Give the man a break. Look at how young this team is. And remember how strong the next class is.

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

I know it’s a total long shot and most likely will never happen, but my dream hire would be Alex Jensen. No college head coaching experience, but has nba ties and has been a lead assistant under well respected nba head coach. Also was an assistant under Majerus and is from Utah, so he could stick around for awhile. I’m guessing the possibility of being an nba head coach will prevent this, but you never know.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I have kept quiet on coach K