I hear that some Utah NIL donors may not be too pleased.

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I heard that some donors feel that they were duped on the Rising/Kuithe situation. They were told that these guys would play this season and the rest is history. (I don’t think anyone is blaming the players.)

Of course, injuries will happen and great players may get hurt in game one and miss the season. But, they made their investment planning on these two guys seeing the field.

I suspect that we will never know who knew what and when they knew it. If I am making an investment, I would like to know the status of what I am investing in. Just another problem with the NIL.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Oh yeah? Where’d you hear that?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

1280 on Friday. I am only the messenger. I don’t know if it is a big deal or not. But, it would not surprise me if one or more donors are not pleased.

However, as a friend of mine said yesterday – Ute fans are still big supporters of Rising and Kuithe and the donors are still getting their money’s worth.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Is there an intermediary? Way I understood it is the money bags contacts an agent for these players. I don’t think the University or Coaches have anything to do with it.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s correct. The university doesn’t have anything to do with NIL. It’s purely a commercial enterprise between players and assorted sponsors.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

That’s why this whole push for the kids to disclose is asinine. Just disclose the amount paid in scholarship.

University can disclose what they always have in the past. I would be surprised if they even get their taxes at all for them to know.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am sure that you are right. I doubt the donors negotiate directly with the coaching staff. But, they, like all of us were led to believe that these two would play this season.

Oh well – life goes on.

Uphoric
      Ute Fan
      @uphoric

SPECULATION at best by radio guys. . .

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It is obvious speculation don’t need to be a radio head to know it.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I know one who feels that way. I would not be surprised if there were others

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I don’t know why an investor would be displeased. Despite the fact that Rising and Kuithe aren’t playing, their names are still well known. And it’s not like they would be wearing the investors’ logos during games.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

In search of something to talk about which is strange during football season. While speculating, I suppose they may not be too pleased about several other possible outcomes. I expect that NIL donors will come and go every year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hear that some Utah NIL donors may not be too pleased.