I want to believe that we can win, but…

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

…we just don’t match up well with USC. Darnold picked us apart last year and we could NOT stop their offense. If I remember correctly, the only reason their offense came off the field was because they scored or they turned the ball over – I don’t think they punted in that game. I do credit the defense for some of the turnovers, but some of their fumbles were just bad ball security.

I think the only way we win is if Darnold has a complete meltdown and turns the ball over 5 times.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

We improve our team speed every year but they are still way faster than us. Also year in and year out their recievers can really block. Our reciever blocking last week was laughable.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Last year was Darnolds first start.  There was no film on him.  I doubt he does as well this year.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

We’ll see. I have a bad feeling that he’s going to do just fine.

3 2

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“…I’m a Ute fan and don’t ever feel like we can win any game against anybody. I’ve been cautiously optimistic since the season ended against Indiana. We lost too much to the NFL. Utah shouldn’t even suit up against USC, IT’S GOING TO BE A BLOODBATH!” Hilarious.

GO UTES!
        2 3

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

“I’m a Utes fan who thinks Utah should beat everybody because Utah was 4-0 against weak opponents; and, Utah’s o-line was adequate against the said opponents, and the defense used to be called Sack Lake City.” Zoob-logic…also hilarious. 🙂

Go Utes!

THEeyepatch
          Ute Fan
          @theeyepatch1

Justaute:

That was weak, you can do better than that! Right? Maybe? Probably not. Hilarious. 

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

Weak? Oh…I should be a dick to other Utes fans? It’s an online forum for sports fans to enjoy. I’m not taking it that seriously. If you are, that’s your issue.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Well, we’ve never beaten USC in the Coliseum, so there is a solid precedent for this line of thinking.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

We did beat them there 100 years ago in 1916. 

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Yeah, it’s not good when you have to reach back an entire century to find a win there…  😉

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I think we match up fine with them.  They didn’t seem dominant in any game this year besides Stanford, which is a rivalry, and Stanford hadn’t really had Bryce Love break out yet.  Texas doesn’t look like that great of a team to me, and yet they were neck and neck.  Darnold is really good, but film study reveals a lot about quarterbacks.  Recall Cardale Jones.  Took ‘Bama completely by surprise.  With our defense back at full strength, we may have to rely on them to keep us in the game, but we do have a fighting chance.  Their defense is softer than Stanfords.  Maybe Troy Taylor goes full run block and we bash them up all night.  I dunno, there is definitely hope.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I’m more concerned about their running game. Both USC and Washington have made our normally amazing run defense look iffy when we play. They run simple straight on running plays that get 8 yards a pop. It’s a miracle we don’t give up 200 yards to them on the ground.. I mainly credit that to Kyle’s ball control / field position style of play. It’s very effective at limiting how much damage can be done if you’re defense is getting gashed

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I want to believe that we can win, but…