If the Twitter rumors turn out to be true…

Viewing 7 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

(and it seems like they’ve been spot on lately, especially for negative news), then Jordan Wilmore is headed to ASU.

I really, really, really, hope this isn’t true. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

So he’ll sit on the bench for 2 years behind Benjamin rather than sit on the bench for 1 behind Moss? What am I missing?

9 5

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Raging college parries, hot coeds, warm weather and cultural/racial heterogeneity?

4 1

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

UteFanatic you’re getting downvoted but you’re not wrong.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

ASU sucks.

6 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I was really hoping and thought we would land Wilmore .. Nacua was a stretch imo .. second high recruit we lost to ASU .. I’m trying to stay positive, but this recruiting class on paper isn’t lighting the world on fire.. frustrating being a Ute and jazz fan

1 3

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Benjamin will leave for the NFL after next year. 

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Figured this was the most obvious. Benjamin and Moss are easily the two best RBs in the p12. 

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

ASU has always been a thorn in our side.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Yep. My hate for that program is reaching critical mass.

6 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Run DHC. Brumfield. Wilmore isn’t a need. Utah needs to go after some transfer WR’s and safeties.

2 1

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Utah’s success is going to be in classes loaded with 3rd and 4th yr players. Recruit small classes every year and lean on transfers to fill the holes.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Honestly. We don’t need Wilmore. We need Nucua and Jones. And the reason we aren’t getting big recruits. Is because we are loaded this year and they won’t play. All big time recruits now go to play right away. Look at Enis last year. Next year we lose majority of our guys. Watch how many bit time frosh we get. We need that 4 star OT from Londson and Jones and Pukua.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Cool .. like that outlook better

4 2

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

?  That’s silly reasoning for not getting big recruits.  Our Oline needs to be overhauled after losing several starters.  RB took a major hit last year after Moss went out, which shows it needs an upgrade to our depth.  We lost 2 safeties and our 2 starting LBs(I do think we will be fine at LB).  Yes, we have some talent for sure but to say we are loaded is overkill.  Washington, Oregon, USC etc are just as “loaded” and they are getting some great recruits.  To stay on pace with them we need to get some of these 4* kids we are battling those schools for.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

234 scholarship offers and your down to the final hours still trying to get players in for an official visit to only fill 12??? scholarships. Something’s wrong on the recruiting front.

ASU with the Hail Mary hire is paying off..

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

Yeah, I can’t really argue with any of that.

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

The fact that this post is highly upvoted boggles my mind. This logic makes no sense at all. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Yep, this board isn’t always rational.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Herm Edwards knows how to sell his program. It sucks that they keep swooping in late and locking down kids that’s we’re trying to recruit. We need to start beating them consistently.

While we’re on the topic of bad news, rumor is that Puka is very likely going to Washington.

7 2

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

This has to be one of the more difficult years ever to follow recruting as a Ute fan. Everything really did seem to line up in terms of bagging some big time recruits, only to see them go elsewhere. Daniels was apparently a silent commit, Nacua’s brother plays at the U, other last minute losses as well.

Utah has great senior leadership, coming off their 1st ever PAC South title (not to mention pending expansion of the stadium, stability at HC, etc.), and are probably having one of their worst 4-year player recruiting years (ignoring the transfers Utah has gotten) since joining the PAC. 

As a fan, it makes you wonder if Utah just isn’t the draw that we all think it is. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the staff. 

I hate the negative view when it comes to this stuff, really hard to ignore it this year though. Something just feels off. 

4 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Personally I think it is because Whitt runs an honest program. Doesn’t make promises that he can’t cash. Exception being Tuttle. I don’t know where that kid got the impression he would play immediately. But it seems like every player is going to be that way. Figuring out the “recruiting” transfer portal may be the way to go. 

2 2

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

It’s proving again that Utah coaches are great at coaching players up, but are average at recruiting. This formula still makes Utes very competitive.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If the Twitter rumors turn out to be true…