If we lose

Viewing 13 reply threads

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

If we lose against Florida again, will our rising level of national recognition take a big hit?

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

A small hit to those who bother to look at our injury situation. A big hit to everyone else.

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

Yeah, we’ll definitely need to tighten things up depending on how things go….

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

Stole exactly what I was going to say. Hate it when I’m loosing. Main reason I wear a belt to tighten it up 😂

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

I don’t mind the loosening so much when it’s after a great meal.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I think Whitt will rally the team and say 🎶Kick off your Sunday shoes. Please, Louise. Pull me up off my knees. Jack, get back. C’mon, before we crack. Loose, your blues.🎶

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We’ll certainly be out of the ridiculous playoff conversation.

6 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

I can guarantee Utah won’t loose the game against Florida, but I can’t guarantee they won’t lose the game.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Jeez, I hope you guys never spell anything wrong, ever.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

To be fair the misspelling of lose versus loose is out of control.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Sure, but since they’re both words, spell check won’t catch it and their phone can even change it from what they meant to what they posted.

Caliman
            Ute Fan
            @elguapoute

SPELLING IS OVER RATED, WHO EVER HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT, IT’S PROBABLY A ZOOB TROL.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Man I spell every other word wrong…now let’s not “loose”

Go UTES…..I am ready for some UTES football.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I hope our offense plays loose and our defense doesn’t!

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

And I hope the team doesn’t play to lose, all-the-while playing loose!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The Utes have already lost this game and might as well forfeit and save the Gators the hassle of traveling to SLC. Don’t believe me? Well, just ask the plethora of Gator sites on YouTube. They’ll all tell you this is a guaranteed Gator win. So what if the Gators got blown out in the Las Vegas Bowl by a team that the Utes annihilated in Rice-Eccles last season. That’s an apples-to-oranges comparison. Why, I saw a Gator YouTube channel today that ran an NCAA 14 simulation and the Gators blew out the Utes. It was so realistic! Mertz looked like Joe Burrow and the Utes couldn’t even get a hand on him as he went through his progressions. Every Gator WR looked like Ja’marr Chase. Fellow Ute fans, I don’t have a clue as to how the Utes can compete against the juggernaut known as the Florida Gators.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s why they play the games?

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You know that my post was dripping with sarcasm, right?

Utedude1
      Ute Fan
      @utedude1

Sorry, but screw if we lose! Its when we WIN! Getting amped up for Florida!!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree it will affect us nationally to a point. But, if we lose next Thursday, life will go on.

For some reason, I feel good about this game. I did not feel good last year. I am not sure why I feel better considering our injuries. But, I do feel good about the game. I think we will win. If we happen to lose, life will go on and so will the Utes. I will not make this season about one game.

Go Utes!!!

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

The expectations were higher last year. Many bought into the #7 preseason rating and assumed that Florida, with a new coach, would just be a quick pit stop on the 2022 coronation tour.

This year, the fanbase realizes that Utah is not only going to have to be at top form to win next week, but that Florida is just the first challenge in a long season that is going to have plenty of them. I haven’t really seen any “15-0, we’re going to win it all” posts so I think we’ve all collectively decided that the potential is there but no one is going to hand it to Utah this year.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Still believe UF’s hogs get gassed by early 2nd half & we pull away at that point for a comfortable victory.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I know that Utah’s new facility can simulate many weather conditions for practice purposes. I wonder if Florida’s is able to “pull a Vegas” and alter the oxygen content to simulate elevation?

1 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I’ve talked to various knowledgeable Gator fans and they’ve told me that high humidity and heat serve as a substitute for altitude acclimation. I did some research on the subject and confirmed that training at higher elevations creates additional red blood cells, but training in the heat increases your blood plasma volume, which enhances circulation, oxygen delivery, and results in a higher VO2 max at a given effort level. Bottom line, if the Gators are well conditioned, and I have no doubt that they are,, the altitude might not play as much of a factor as the humidity did for us last year at the Swamp.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

sure, but elevation doesn’t only affect the players. The studies MLB did showed that the ball travelled 10% farther. Humidity has the opposite effect. Granted that should mainly affect the kicking game but a couple of extra floated passes or a muff could be on the table

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

WE ARE NOT LOSING TO THE GATORS. MY SPORTS PSYCH. HAS PREDICTED A UTAH WIN BY A SCORE OF 33-28. HER PREDICTIONS ARE AS GOOD AS GOLD.

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

UTAH 33 FL 28. WE AINT LOSING TO FL. ILL CUT A TESTICLE IF WE LOSE TO THE GATORS

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.