If you had to pick football games…

Viewing 10 reply threads

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

If you had to pick which road game would you go for San Diego, Stanford, or Arizona? Been to Stanford and Arizona games and they were awesome and fun cities. Of course been to San Diego and it is an awesome city but never been to a college game there. Let me hear what y’all think I am doing one for sure! Thanks!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Do you realize the San Diego State game is not in San Diego? Go enjoy Tucson again.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Tucson sucks. Join me at Stanford. Very pleasant atmosphere and pretty stadium.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Stanford. Not crowded, nice stadium, good atmosphere.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Stanford would be way cool

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I would go to Palo Alto. However, if you have time, I would recommend checking out the historic parts of Santa Clara.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I am doing Palo Alto this year.  Quick trip over the mountain.  Silicon valley scenanigans are underrated. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Would like to see a game at Stanford. 

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Tickets are comparatively cheap.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

The arizona game would be pretty meh as well. Arizona has been a gutter pac 12 team for a while now.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

And Tuscon is basically a third-world country now.

1 6

Cesar Chavez
          Ute Fan
          @le-cockgrande

totally agree! a total s**t hole, but considering it used to be a part of Mexico, I’m not surpriced it looks like a third-world country.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Utah was a part of Mexico at the same time as Tucson…

Cesar Chavez
              Ute Fan
              @le-cockgrande

but,but,but…the mormons founded Utah, what are you talking about? remember Bringham Young said…”this is the place”!

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Doesn’t matter. Prior to the Mexican-American war, Utah was part of Mexico. Before that it was Spain.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

Tucson being formerly a part of Mexico has nothing to do with it being a s**thole. More to do with 7th-circle-of-hell weather and zero entertainment options.

UrbanLiar
              Ute Fan
              @urbanliar

You’ve obviously never been to either Dirtbags or Wildcat House in Tucson for entertainment…

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Goodness, either is good.  Stanford is a cool campus, the stadium will not be filled and most do not understand football but you can have a conversation with a stranger about any topic.  Take a sweater and tie the arms around your neck.  Be patient with lots of traffic.  To stay, take the time to go over the hill to Santa Cruz or Capitola or better yet Monterey or Carmel where it just does not get better.  If you go to Tucson you can enjoy an amazing November night for football in a tshirt and flop flops, the mexican food is awsome, and if you have not been to Saguaro National Park or Sabino Canyon you need to see it.  November is not hot and you are sure to catch a win.  There is not a bad city in the Pac for me.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Some of the best golf courses I’ve ever played in my life are in Tucson.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The SDSU game is going to be in Carson (LA) at an MLS stadium. The novelty might be cool, but I’d pick stanford 

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

It’s too bad we didn’t wait a year to play them at their new stadium in San Diego.

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Yeah San Diego is one of my favorite places for games. Unfortunately, the last time I visited, the Utes lost and umbrellas or rain gear nowhere to be found in San Diego. Allegedly it never rains there. But it sure as hell did when the Utes fans stormed into town.

Nothing more hilarious than hitting a Walmart with groups of Ute fans coming out saying that they have no umbrellas or rain gear. 

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I’ve visited tailgates at every PAC12 school. When the Utes play Washington again, I’d highly recommend visiting there. Very unique tailgate situation. Out on boats.

BTW the cops at Autzen Stadium asked me if Utah has re-entry. I said no. They shook their heads as if they wished there was no re-entry. Utah apparently is the only PAC12 school that doesn’t allow re-entry. 

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If you had to pick football games…