Is our offense really that bad?

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Well, they are pretty bad and there is no way to spin it otherwise. However, when you consider:

– We are missing at least 7 of our best offensive players including 2 of our top 3 QBs and 3 of our top 4 running backs. Add to that your starting center, an all-conference tight end, and at least two receivers.

– When we were up 14-0 there was no way that Whitt was going to do anything risky with an inexperienced QB. He knew his defense was playing amazing and he was just going to make sure we did not turn over the ball in our territory.

– When the opposition knows you are going to run every play and you only have your third-string running back, it is difficult to get first downs.

So, our offense does not look good, but it may not be as bad as the stats indicate. BUT, we need to re-tool this offense. I doubt our defense can continue to hold teams to less than 13 points. I think we need to get one of the freshmen RBs to step up and take over as RB2. I doubt Kuithe is coming back. We need to figure out how to utilize our other tight ends.

Go Utes!!!

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

What makes you say you doubt Kuithe is coming back? I’ve heard from his own lips that he is “close” to being back.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am not going to post anything, because the source is third hand and I just don’t know… I hope he can come back.

5 4

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Does anyone actually believe anything our players say about injuries? Whitt is the most secretive coach in this regard, and he completely lied about Cam being a game time decision for Florida. The only player who was transparent about his injury was Brandon Rose on IG, and apparently he got reprimanded for it.

2 2

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

How can anyone down vote this post. Stop nut hugging Whit already. A lie is a lie no matter what you feel his motivation was or how strategic it is or isn’t to keep injuries secret. No way in hell he honestly thought he was coming back week 1. He’s a great coach. He lies about player injuries because he can within the rules. Both can be true.

22Ute22
            Ute Fan
            @utedagoat

I honestly don’t get it lol. I love my Utes and Whitt deserves a statue, but I also call it like I see it. Whitt has never been honest with injuries, and he quite literally says he won’t ever be unless rules are put in place for it. Straight from the horses mouth.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I think Kuithe is close to being ready to train for the NFL draft or FA Draft. Why would he com back? He’s been out so long he will likely be a step slow for 4-6 months and will not show well. Hate to say it, but better to just sit out and train with Skyler Mayne until the pro days start.

5 2

Herk
      Ute Fan
      @herk

Yes our offense is really that bad in it’s current state. If by some chance all the starters that are out do come back then maybe it will be better. Until then it’s pretty bad.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

QB: CR or bust. If everyone is calling Rose QB2, won’t matter. He can’t get reps so is really QB4 after Nate and Bryson.
      OL: seems to be doing fine but predictable runs up the middle and not much they can do. I guess if Center comes back, we can shift people for a stronger line. Wish we would pull one side to block for a run NOT up the gut.
      RB: we need Glover to step up, Vincent as well, at least one FR. Let JQJ get back to 100%. If it’s turf toe, ouch.
      WR: seems fine – Vele back, Money, Mikey, Yassmin/King plenty. But we don’t throw the ball much.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

JJ has repeatedly stated he doesn’t like “JQJ”.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

What we need at RB is someone that doesn’t go down on first contact or maybe better running plays than up the middle on 1st and 2nd down on 90% of our serries then passing or running it up the middle on the resulting 3rd and 6.
        Being that predictable makes the opposing defenses job a whole lot more simple to plan for.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Yes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is our offense really that bad?