I thought he was going to SMU??

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

I thought it was Okla St.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

All signs were pointing SMU. Clearly he had options.

ColumbiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @columbiaute

Maybe money wasn’t the only reason? I can see he just wants a new environment. But wish him the best, but we gotta move on with who we got.

4 7

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Meh – rbs are a dime a dozen and he never played. Zero loss.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

Unpopular thing to say… but I’m ready for some portal news of more incoming transfers. Maybe someday?

7 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Arkansas is routinely a bottom tier team in the SEC. Not entirely sure what the thought process was with regards to this decision. I can’t imagine that whatever NIL package Arkansas put together was significantly greater than what he would have received at Utah. So, you leave the place where you’re the undisputed #1 RB on a winning team to go to a bad team that will only probably pay you slightly more than what you were getting, have to learn a new system in a harder conference, have to mesh with new teammates, and that’s going to give you a better shot at playing on Sundays? Remains to be seen.

stbone
        Ute Fan
        @stbone

A lot of these kids are going to find out the hard way that for every success in the transfer portal, there are 10 Dorian Singers.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

Speaking of Dorian – should we offer him?

stbone
            Ute Fan
            @stbone

We could probably get him for cheap.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Dorian Singer, otherwise known as how to wreck your football career in 10 easy lessons, is the poster child for everything that could go wrong with a portal move. The guy went from being projected as a borderline 1st RD draft pick to an UDFA. You think he’s suffering from buyer’s remorse right about now? And JJ was nowhere near the level of Singer, who was 1st Team All PAC 12, before moving on. Then there’s this tidbit regarding Arkansas’ running game:

Arkansas struggled to have a consistent running game throughout this season recording 1686 yards which ranked them No. 87 among FBS teams. Its lack of rushing attack led to only nine touchdowns being scored the entire 2023 season ranking No. 128 in the FBS and dead last in the SEC.

This despite having two really solid and healthy running backs in Raheim Sanders and AJ Green. If they think JJ is going to fix their running game issues, more power to them.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Maybe he has a former teammate or friend there? Or a coach from the past? I would hope – going cold to a new team could be tough and there was some talk he wanted to be closer to home. I mean, he will be a little closer and a little warmer, but :shrug:

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

LB Medlock did end up at SMU however.

CB JaTravis Broughton McCloud (not sure the reason, but probably a mom/dad thing?) projected to go to TCU.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

McCloud-Broughton-McCloud is CB’ed to TCU but don’t be surprised if he actually stays

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Utah has never had an issue (at least of late) getting talent at RB so, yes he’s replaceable.

Hope he enjoys a 4 win SEC team with that NIL money 😆

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Jerry Jones Money!!!

ORute
        Ute Fan
        @grute

or Wal-Mart money

jelmstreet
      Ute Fan
      @jelmstreet

With K.J Jefferson moving on to UCF could JJ be choosing Arkansas as a place he feels he could switch back to QB??

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Man, that’s a tough ask for a guy that really hasn’t played the QB position at a competitive level in college. Plus it’s not really his choice but the coaching staff’s.

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

Does this mean we can go back to calling him JQJ now? 😂

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Injury prone. Bye and good luck

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ja’Quinden Jackson