CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Change my mind.

1 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

2 catches per game in 2019, averaged 14 ypc, down from 18 ypc in 2018. I don’t know if Ludwig is going to use him the same as he was used in 2018. Now on that jet sweep, he can be lethal running the ball.

1 1

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

Idc about the numbers Hammer. That’s why I’m saying he’s under-rated. Go watch each play he was able to get his hands on the ball. Kids got hops, speed, and is incredible after the catch.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I think the big difference between 2018 and 2019 was the QB. Shelley seemed to be more comfortable throwing him the ball than Huntley from my perspective.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree, arguably Utah’s most versatile WR.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Dixon is solid and versatile, but if Covey is at 100%, I think he is more versitile.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Dixon is a great player, but I disagree. Covey and Kuithe are both far more versatile. Covey can do everything that Dixon can do, plus return punts/kicks with the best of them… and he can throw the ball very well. Kuithe can run, catch, block… Do everything that a TE is expected to do, plus whatever a RB is expected to do.

I do believe that Dixon is our best deep threat though.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

It will be interesting how Ludwig uses his new QB in combination with inside receivers. Covey and Dixon can stay inside, cross or cut outside. Combined with two very good TEs there can be real pressure on the inside where most teams do not excel at coverage. On top of that, all four can cross pre-snap, 3 can run sweeps very well. We can create a lot of inside pressure which can have the effect of pulling defenses inside allowing more one-on-one outside. Let’s hope for a killer inside passing game.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I agree. Huntley relied way too much on Simpkins, and not enough on the other wide receivers (Dixon, Nacua, Enis). Whichever QB is most able to throw to the guy that is in the best position to gain us the most positive yards each play… That is the QB I want starting for us whenever the season happens.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaylen Dixon is under-rated