KGRZ late July update

Viewing 2 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Excited to see it, but for the love of god can we please do something about the pink chairs in the rest of the stadium? 

Also, rumor has it that the field turf is going to be replaced before the season.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Interesting, I havenโ€™t heard anything about the turf getting replaced. I believe we just recently replaced the turf a couple of years ago and if I remember right they said at the time that the turf is usually good for about 10 years. Not sure if thatโ€™s accurate or not as admittedly, my memory isnโ€™t the best.

I think the seats, especially in the East stands, have faded over time. When I look at old pictures they donโ€™t appear as pink as they do now.

therealu
          Ute Fan
          @therealu

Someone from Field Turf posted on Twitter after the Garth concert that it would also be the last event on the old turf, and the new midfield logos will be the interlocking U’s. 

Also, anyone have a blow torch?

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

This summer’s been hot enough.  I’m sure all the chairs are red by now.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Awesome, I found the tweet you referenced. And it looks like the rep confirmed that interlocking Uโ€™s are replacing the Block Uโ€ฆvery cool!

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Nice video on the blow torchโ€ฆif thatโ€™s all we need, I hope someone will get on it. As long as we are going all out on RES with the new Ken Garff Red Zone, newly restored Cauldron, and new field turfโ€ฆletโ€™s get rid of the pink!

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

When I saw KGRZ I thought it was some strange acronym for cougars. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football KGRZ late July update