Viewing 6 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Well, Sucks if true:

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

IF true, and not sure I believe it yet… He may be done permanently. Hope he gets better.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

The surgery was a “minor” knee scope to clean up scar tissue. Not sure when exactly it took place. Those aren’t usually procedures that end a player’s season, but with the time he’s already missed and struggles he’s had getting back, wouldn’t be overly surprising if mentally he’s decided he’s done.

This doesn’t have any bearing on Cam coming back, tho

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

That’s what I would have thought. When you damage a ligament you hear two pops. The first one is when you initially tear it. The second is when you finally break the scar tissue and it is just as scary until you realize you don’t have pain. It’s after the second one that you can really start getting back to full speed.

In college, I tore all the ligaments in my left ankle playing pickup basketball. At the start of spring ball, I was barely over a 5 in my forty time and the coaches thought I had been dogging it on my rehab. Halfway through spring, the scar tissue finally popped and by the end I was down to a mid 4.6.

It’s that aspect that has always kept me from expecting TQWSNBN and Kuithe to come back as the previous performance levels. They can both “limp” through practices and prove that they know what they are supposed to be doing. But major college ball requires close to 100% effectiveness to compete. You can’t get it done at 75%. 75% may be better than your replacement but that’s a different conversation.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Kuithe stayed at Utah when he had NFL opportunities. I wish the best for him regardless if he ever plays for the Utes again. Brant deserves a chance to play in the NFL.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Brant isn’t getting into the NFL. He was already a long shot due to being a tweener, but now that he’s coming off a bad ACL injury and won’t have any post-injury tape, I’m not sure he’d even be an UDFA. Doesn’t help that NFL scouts will probably be aware of his brother having to retire due to ACL injury.

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

100% agree that Kuithe deserves a shot at the NFL. Dude’s a legend

Utegator
      Ute Fan
      @utegator

I dont see any way that Kuithe gets a shot at the NFL if he doesn’t play college ball again before attempting to go to the NFL.

Leviticus87
      Ute Fan
      @leviticus87

Here’s something from what I believe is a more reliable source lol

Steve Bartle @SBartle247
      “yeah… don’t put much, if anything, into that Barstool tweet about Kuithe.”
      9:49 AM • 10/3/23

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

The procedure happened. I’m assuming what Bartle is disputing is Barstool saying it means Brant is done and implies an affect on Cam.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Princess Toadstool > Barst💩💩l

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Yeah…not a setback. Very minor procedure and he’s feeling much better now. The barstool report isn’t accurate.

What he decides to do 5 games in is anybody’s guess but he’s getting better by the day with no swelling.

BungalowUte
          Ute Fan
          @bungalowute

You think Cam is back for Cal?

Anfernee
            Ute Fan
            @anfernee

Poor OnlyU. 😆 We’ve now become the adult equivalent of kids asking their parents “Are we there yet?” when asking about Cam Claus.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

The Oracle doesn’t get to complain about being the Oracle. If it didn’t want to be the Oracle, it should have foreseen the dependence that people would have developed on the Oracle.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

No better time for both of them to come back than against the bears. If it’s gonna happen I believe it’s probably then!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kuithe setback?