Kuithe???

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I doubt I will get an answer on this board. But, I will ask anyway.

Kuithe was injured almost 11 months ago. However, all the reports suggest that he will not be ready to play on August 31. What has gone wrong in his rehab? Do we expect him back for the UCLA game? Will he be able to play at all this season? I hope for his sake that he gets enough playing time to prove himself for the pro scouts.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I think people inside and outside the program were too optimistic about Rising and Kuithe. Didn’t Covey require almost 2 years before he was fully ready to go after his ACL injury?

Not all injuries (even of the same type) are equal and different people heal at different rates.

Herk
      Ute Fan
      @herk

I’m just going to assume that neither Kuithe or Rising are going to be fully recovered this year so that I’m not disappointed when they aren’t. It just seems like rushing ACL recoveries never go as planned.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes, Covey took over two years to be 100%.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

His injury was pretty severe. Cam’s was not. Not uncommon to take a year+ to get back to 100%.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

There’s huge variety in ACL injuries and recoveries. Amari Rodgers tore his on March 26, 2019 while at Clemson, and was back dominating on the field in less than 6 months (167 days after his tear). He played well enough to be drafted early

JK Dobbins tore his ACL in the 2021 preseason (August 28 2021) and then spent the next entire year+ rehabbing, first seeing game action again on September 25 (393 days later). He played in 3 games before quickly suffering another knee injury.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

My hope is we make it out of non conference at least 2-1. 3-0 definitely in play. Rising back for UCLA and Kuithe at Beavs on September 29th the following week.

1 2

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Nothing went wrong. Real people aren’t batman, they take time to heal from this stuff and I’m going to drop another little nugget of wisdom on you.

Neither Kuithe or Rising will regain full capability this season.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

It was always going to require best case for either Kuithe or Rising to be ready for opening day. What actually has me more worried is the reports of Rising altering his throwing mechanics. It’s being spun as trying to improve his arm strength but all I can hear is “compensating for the injury”.

The Rising Cam
        Ute Fan
        @tyrusaurus

Rising now has several other factors working against his path to the NFL (mainly injuries & age), but he needs to improve both his medium & deep ball percentages this year in order to have a shot at being drafted.

He has struggled with both since suffering the fully torn labrum injury in 2020 against USC. The purpose of altering his throwing mouth is to help increase his throw velocity. Based on the numbers, I believe this would have been an offseason focus for Cam regardless.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2023/08/07/why-utah-qb-cam-rising-is-changing/

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.