KW is a great coach

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, he is not necessarily the best fan’s coach.  Of course, there is little as important as winning and he has done that.

Coach Whitt keeps everything close to the vest like no previous coach here has done.  I know many coaches today keep things quiet, but I think that KW does so more than most.  He has picked a starting QB and RB.  However, we the fans will not know who they are until our first offensive play.  I understand that this is done to make UofA prepare for two different styles.  Yet, how much is really gained?

I would like to know who is starting and who is going to be able to play on any given week because of injury, etc.  KW will never show his hand on anything.  I understand why, but as a fan it can be frustrating.

I would not trade KW and I am glad for what he has done and the program he has built.  Still, I would like to know more about what is going on inside the program.  Oh well – At least we have OnlyU.  

Go Utes!!!

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

As much as I want to know who our starting QB is, I prefer having a head coach that will do whatever he can to gain an edge on the opponent. Winning is more important than being nice for the fans and telling us everything. The unknown is more exciting than being told everything.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I understand your points and do not totally disagree.  But, virtually no one knows anything going on including the voice of the Utes.  It is interesting listening to Bill Riley.  He knows no more than any of us.  He just speculates as we all do.

I would like to know more.  KW is not one that tries to get the fans involved as Meyer and Mac did.  He is more a Jerry Sloan type of coach.  KW is all business!!!  Is that wrong? I am not saying that.  I too want to win, but …

Go Utes!!!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Rising is your starting QB. As far as RB goes, my guess is Brumfield.

cjd1
        Ute Fan
        @cjd1

I agree with this.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Because times change, comparing Whitt to any other Utah coach does not work.  Today has little to do with 15 years ago.  But not talking about who is the new QB is something Meyer would do.  I agree with Whitt, why indicate to Az who to prepare for since they are different styles.  I don’t need to know, happy to see either and expect to see quite a bit of both early in the season.  Because of covid, I would play all 2s early and often to assure they are ready.  This is critical for center, QB, punt return, RB but is necessary for all starters.  I think this question will actually be answered over a couple of games.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I do agree with you on getting playing time for the 2s.  It is critical this year!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Kyle love’s beauty being head coach of the Utes, but there are only a few things about being a HC that he doesn’t hate. The players (coaching, mentoring…), and winning football games. He can’t stand the rest of it. He cares enough about mentoring young men, and winning that his desire to do so overrules the rest of the stuff.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yeah, but I assure you that isn’t why he coaches.

The part about him hating all the other stuff is coming straight from his own mouth. He hates rubbing elbows with boosters/fans/media… can’t stand it really.

If he could say less to the media/fans/boosters and still keep his job, he would do so without hesitation.

That isn’t to say he doesn’t care about fans, and giving them a good time, he does, but he just isn’t a social guy at all. Very kind man one on one, but hates the large groups. He’s probably used to it by now though.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football KW is a great coach