Larry’s buyout is 6 mil after this year and can be spread across 4 years at 1.5

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

mil per year or perhaps discounted in a one time payment, perhaps 25%? the buyout could be maybe 4.5 mil one time. I believe the actual buyout contract is 3 mil per year and his contracted last date is June 30th 2023. The question is, do you bite the bullet after this year or go one more year?

What about this scenario? Bite the bullet after this year and pay K the 1.5 mil per year buyout and bump Conner from 500k up to 1 mil (or get Randy Rahe) and give him a year or two to prove his worth. In this scenario, you are paying 2.5 mil per year total, which is less then Coach K’s current salary if you don’t do the buyout. 

10 2

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Another thought, y’all could simply ask him to leave without a buyout out of the goodness of his heart. He must know he is failing and causing the image of University of Utah basketball to wither, that the damage he has done to the program is far worse than the price of his buyout. He should pull his balls out from their tucked position and resign.

1 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Any incoming coach is going to need more than a year or two to prove their worth. Would like to give any newcomer the opportunity to recruit and develop their own guys before another jump to fire him.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I agree. I guess I’m saying pay them =<2 mil per year for two years and then they can get a bump once they’ve proven themselves, otherwise they stay at the same compensation. 

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Those who are giving thumbs down please elaborate on why you feel Larry is a good coach. Are you in the just wait for next year camp?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Who’s to say Conner isn’t part of the problem?  Ouside an incident of direct malfeasance by the head coach you can’t expect much improvement by just making a single change at the top.  I like Coach Larry K, seems like a straight-up guy, probably works his tail off, and I want him to succeed, but clearly he and his staff are not effective with the current game/players.

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

I’m sure Larry is a nice guy, but the product on the court can’t be ignored. It always starts with the top he’s responsible for his assistants and anyone else who helps the team. Extreme Ownership.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Tommy is the Xs and Os guy. Has Xs and Os ever been a strength for this program under this coaching staff?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let’s start a GoFundMe. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Larry’s buyout is 6 mil after this year and can be spread across 4 years at 1.5