Levani Damuni Returning

Viewing 5 reply threads

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

He’s back for another season. He announced on Twitter. I wonder if someone like Medlock will hit the portal?

1 1

Proud to Be a Ute
      Ute Fan
      @reav

Purely a guess, but could this be a sign that Lander Barton plays TE next season? During one of this seasons post games interviews Whit said, “if Lander played TE he would have been the best TE in the PAC12.”

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

No, this is not a sign of that.

S.CarolinaUte
        Ute Fan
        @s-carolinaute

Makes me wonder if Reid is leaving? Cannot see him coming back just to be a backup. Also, I don’t see Barton switching positions, but who knows.

W16Ute
          Ute Fan
          @w16ute

If I remember correctly, even before Lander got hurt Damuni saw the field a lot. He might not be a “starter” when we are in nickel defense, but he’s the 3rd in 4-3 and there are still plenty of reps to be had.

Also, NIL is a complicating factor. Maybe he’s going to get more via that than whatever he could do next year. It’s a weird time in college football.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Damuni is a good player. He improved every game as he learned the defense. Barton Reid Damuni might be the best three combined linebackers in the country. This year proved how valuable depth is during a long season.

If we want to make a playoff run next year we will need everyone to buy in and be ready to play.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Good to hear. We are building a team for 2024.

We may not have a lot of room for new recruits. Of course, some players will leave the team for more playing time.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

“The last two Pac Champ banners were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Rising soon would be there; the stud transfers were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of RES and a CFP run danced in their heads.”

tarheelute
          Ute Fan
          @tarheelute

You have our gratitude.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

Medlock just hit the portal

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I would love to see Damuni improve his lateral quickness and overall speed to the ball in the off-season. He is a really good north and south run stopper and a pretty vicious hitter. He just seemed to be a step or two slow on plays outside the tackles this season. I am very happy he is coming back though and I know he will be improved. However, if Fotu and Medlock are leaving, we need to hit the portal hard because there is no way Barton is staying past next season and we will lose both Damuni and Reid. If I was a decent 1 or 2 year LB at another school I would seriously consider Utah given the linebacker we have put into the league in the past 5-6 years.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Levani Damuni Returning