Looks like a handful of portal guys are on the two-deep

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, there are no NFL guys on the two-deep.

Most surprising to me is that Rose is not on the list.

And JJ is listed as the starting RB.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I think this goes back to the conversation regarding Rose’s medical redshirt. The rules attached to the eligibility of an athlete getting a medical redshirt are very specific and one of them is that the athlete must have suffered a “season ending injury.” I mean, it says it there in black and white “season ending injury.” How can you play in a bowl game if you’ve suffered a “season ending injury?”

I know Whitt said that Rose’s medical redshirt wouldn’t be affected by playing in the Las Vegas Bowl but that goes against the rules for a medical redshirt. With all of the stuff that’s gone on this season, Rising’s injury stories, Kuithe’s injury stories, is it possible that Whitt just misspoke on Rose being available for the Las Vegas Bowl?

2 1

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Wouldn’t be the first time Whit misspoke or spoke in tongues regarding QB.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Two potential answers – bowl games dont count/not official; or game counts toward ‘24 season. Those are just my guesses that would support whits statement.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m more excited for this bowl game than I have been for any game since Oregon State TBH. It will be nice to get to see some fresh bodies in there for once. I’m most interested to see what Ritchie and Hall can do at the two safety spots. A lot of people have been really high on Ritchie, but I just haven’t been all that impressed with what he’s accomplished. That isn’t to say he’s been bad, he just hasn’t done much to garner so much excitement IMO. It will be nice to watch him play for a full game, knowing weeks in advance that he would be the starter.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

JJ traveled to Vegas with the team and is in the team’s Instagram when they arrived. I take that as a good sign.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I guess Kyle is letting them play as a reward for the season.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looks like a handful of portal guys are on the two-deep