“Ludwig might be the difference maker to be honest.”

Viewing 4 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Heard that statement yesterday by one of the offensive guys who’s been around for a while. Might have been some frustration years ago but I think we might be underrating the experience he brings some 10 years later…Pac12 and SEC prep has been invaluable and I can promise you there is a difference from a coaching standpoint year over year. I’m not saying he’s the best guy out there but he’s damn good. “He just knows his stuff and knows how to Coach.” was the statement that followed.

Safe to say it’s night and day different from TT…players are learning and developing in this system and there is a process. Still a long way to go and the offense has gotten their butts handed to them plenty so far but they’re executing some really nice plays against the 1’s which isn’t easy. Some really bad plays too but that has something how good this D is.

Couple of notes…Bam physically looks good lost some weight over the summer which says he’s been working. Really solidifies the line and the depth becomes much better with him in the top group. Add the TE’s and we’re in a much better spot. Thompson has been limited but he’s still practicing…on a pitch count similar to Covey since he’s been injured the past couple of years.

Go Utes!

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

even though we only had him for one year and with some inferior offensive talent versus our competition, I loved watching Norm Chow as OC for Utah.  I’m excited to see Ludwig build upon last year.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Was it a player or a coach who said that?

Is Bam practicing now or is he just finally here and we are waiting for grades/degree to post before he can begin practicing?

Gary Sapp
        Ute Fan
        @uofuman

Saw a FB post of the guy standing next to Whit. OMG! Makes Bolles look like a gymnast. Everything I heard was that he is here as of today. Probably has to have a couple of days of acclimatization before he can fully participate.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Player and Bam is still acclimating. Not fully participating yet.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

His academics have been cleared.  If he doesn’t play this season, it wouldn’t be because of grades/not graduating.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

i mean, Zack Moss is better than K’Sean Vaughn and did u see what Ludwig did with Vaughn last season? I can only imagine how well Moss will do

3 2

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

Well, that depends on whether Moss is actually healthy. I know OnlyU said yesterday it was no big deal, but Moss’ interviews after practice today didn’t give you the warm and fuzzies (not to mention the cast on his right arm). 

OnlyU, any update on his health status?

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I took it as Moss being perturbed with everyone asking about something that probably won’t matter. Siad he was out there practicing doing everything eth the guys and will play against BYU. Could be lying, but he’ll be fine.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

He’s got 3 weeks to heal. Let’s hope it’s something that heals that fast.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Immobilized to help heal last night. 3 full weeks plus a couple days to heal. Chances are still good he’s ready to go on the 29th.

4 2

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

You thinks so?   157 / 1,244 / 12TDs / 7.9 average.  

It’s very unlikely that Moss comes anywhere near that average. Might get the yardage with 250+ carries.

He doesn’t have the speed to turn 20yard gains into 60+ yard gains like Vaughn does and doesn’t often make guys miss. He’s might be a better pass blocker and short yardage runner but Vaughn is scary good.  I don’t think you can say Moss is flat out better.  

He did have a terrible offensive scheme for his style though, so I guess we’ll see.  

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Yeah, in the SEC, that’s pretty damn impressive.  High end speed might be comparable, Moss is pretty fast when he gets going, might be faster this year without the knee issues.  Vaughn has scary good acceleration, like Joe William’s level acceleration.  Not sure Moss can match that, but I think he has the potential to hit those averages in Ludwig’s offense.  If anyone watched UGA a few years ago, he reminds me of Nick Chubb, with a little more speed.  That UGA team had Sony Michel as the lightning and Chubb as the thunder.  Could potentially see something like that with Moss and DHC.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Few more updates…

Kickers have been very good in camp through yesterday. Not good today however.

Kuithe at TE is an absolute stud and will be used as much as Cole (who is a huge target). Kuithe has juice and can get deep…is a very difficult cover. Cole is more underneath/possession. They both catch EVERYTHING! Ludwig knows how to use them in top of it all. Will both be real weapons IMO and can block. SMU Transfer will definitely find time blocking. Massive kid.

Covey coming along nicely. WR’s look good overall.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

That Kuithe news is the best news I’ve heard all day. I spoke with him a few months back, and he’s such a great dude. Humble, soft spoken, but a beast on the field. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

the thought of TEs that can consistently burn LBs 1v1 makes my mouth water

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “Ludwig might be the difference maker to be honest.”