Marquez Beason – 4* DB in transfer portal

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Looks like we offered Beason coming out of high school. Wonder if Shah or Scalley has a relationship with him? Being that we’re pretty thin in the secondary due to injuries, would be great to bring someone like Beason in.
      Marquez Beason in transfer portal

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Also noticed that Xavier Williams just entered the portal today…4* WR transferring from Alabama. Another kid we offered out of HS.
      Xavier Williams – 4* WR enters transfer portal today

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

You gotta wonder why he didn’t pan out at Illinois

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Yea I always wonder about that…transfers seem like a mixed bag. Some do well and contribute (Rising, Pledger, McKinney, Howard, Thomas etc) while others don’t. But I feel like our coaches do a much better job than most at evaluating talent and getting the most out of the players they choose to bring into the program.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

I do like the idea of shoring up weak spots and adding depth through the transfer portal. It can help you or hurt you. It’s been pretty good to our football team and not so good to hoops.

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Next year we’ve got Phillips and broughton which is 2 tough dudes. Backed up by zemiah Vaughn who I’ve really liked this year and Marks has been pretty solid too hasn’t he?

Never hurts to have more dudes.

But I think In 2022 we’ll be pretty solid and deep there I’d imagine with 4 experienced corners for 2 spots.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Nothing against Champaign-Urbana, it is a nice college town, but it seems odd that anyone, let alone a DB, would choose to play football for Illinois over Utah. I realize there are all sorts of reasons that go into these decisions, but Illinois Football? Really? Illinois football is like NY Jets or Cleveland Browns…somehow they almost always suck.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Admit it, you sometimes forget there is a University of Illinois football team. Northern Illinois University seems to have a higher profile that University of Illinois.

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

I have to admit I pronounced it, Illinoiz until I visited, Normal.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Marquez Beason – 4* DB in transfer portal