New bball committ!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Kid from Turkey that looks good. Efeoglu is his name. 6-8, lights out from 3.

Beat out Wisconsin and Marquette. That’ll do.

Does this mean he’ll be around this coming year??

Or is he a year out? He was listed as part of the class with lovering, bajema, Erickson, etc., 2023 class.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

That’s good news, any news from the basket ball side of things is welcome.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

44% from three? No thanks…

JUST KIDDING! That is exactly what we need. BTW, he is part of this class (according to the article I saw).

While this team won’t be amazing, they are a complete team (assuming they can mesh well and make each other better rather than worse). We have multiple guys that can fulfill every role on a college basketball team. There is a good mix of experience and youth. There are guys that have plenty of potential for growth as well. We have shooters, passers, ball handlers, inside scoring, interior defenders, perimeter defenders, and senior leadership.

This Turkish kid isn’t exactly unique on our team (we’ve got a bunch of guys his size), but 44% shooting from deep is better than anyone else on the team. Surely that will at least translate to moments of great shooting from him. You have to be VERY VERY VERY good at shooting to hit that high of a percentage scoring as many points as he did.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Just watched his U19 highlight film. His shooting form is solid. His shooting should therefore translate pretty well to CBB. He has SUUUUUUUPER soft touch. Even when his shots hit the rim they look like swishes because they bounce so little.

He isn’t the greatest athlete. He can’t or doesn’t jump much. He will struggle down low (offensively and defensively) against longer/more athletic big men. His jumping ability is Riley Battin-ish. However, his footspeed seems to be better than Battin, as is his ball handling. He does show some post moves that should be useful if he is able to get his shot off against his defender.

I think this kid is the best non-transfer Smith has reeled in while at Utah. Good pickup.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I like this pickup, especially based on what he showed at the U19 World Cup. I hate to say this but youth basketball is now better in Europe than it is in the US. They’ve applied the youth soccer model they’ve perfected for 150 years to basketball and they’re cleaning up now. I really like bringing international players into NCAAMBB and I think this kid will do well.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He definitely looks like he has more to offer than Luka Tarlac, and I don’t mean that as a slight to Tarlac. I just remember his tape when he signed on, and it wasn’t as impressive.

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

It’s a highlight tape, so take it for what it is.  But I do really like what appears to be good decision making.  He seems to be in the right place at the right time, shoot when shot is there, but put it on the deck when it’s not.  His shooting percentages seem to back that up.  Very excited about this get!!  Would be awesome if he grew another 2-3″ 😛

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) New bball committ!