New DB Commit – Quimari Shemwell

Viewing 2 reply threads

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Wonder if it was the extra meaningless touchdowns scored made him think he could have stopped Zona.

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Spoke with a dad whose son plays at U of Pay.
        I mentioned the late score and he immediately had an answer that Utah previously has done multiple times? to the Cats.

Their team had a mission to step on our throats and to keep the pedal full throttle to the clock expired. They wanted to send a message to coach Whitt he said.

PAYBACK should be on our minds…..

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Utah has done this multiple times? Obviously TAMU comes to mind.
          Utah bullied Oregon at Autzen. Ducks also didn’t do much to stop it.

Like I said I don’t mind the touchdown. Calling it classless is stupid though because Utah has done that. Also calling teams classless is for losers.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Against AZ I remember Utah was up pretty big, and Wishnowski ran a fake punt and got a first down. After the game, Whitt said that it wasn’t called that way, but Wish has been green lighted to run If he sees something in the defense, he can exploit.

I agree that getting all nutted up over late TD’s is weak. It’s not their job to not score. But being a Utah fan, I had no idea that anyone would ever accuse the Utes of running up the score. Sometimes, it maddens me that the Utes don’t do it more.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yeah I feel like most of the stuff Utah does to RUTS is because they noticed an exploit in film.

Utah has also had chances for pick sixes and just sat down. Or taken time off.

Calling legal football plays classless is stupid.

1 6

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

This is the new reality. Getting excited about “flipping” an 84 graded 3 star from Arizona. This wouldn’t have merited a retweet this time last year. This guy is a projected special teams player who will transfer after his sophomore year looking for playing time. If this is the “new” competition I don’t like it, at all.

CoyoteUte
        Ute Fan
        @coyoteute

I always keep an open mind with recruiting. Devin Lloyd, Bradley Anae, and Zemiah Vaughn were some recent low rated prospects that ended up kicking ass for us. Those dudes are rare, but diamonds in rough still exist.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I think @Hellhound is referring to the mindset that goes along with a signing. Not everyone can be a diamond in the rough but every commitment is hailed as the next great Ute.

If 5 kids out of a class of 20 eventually become starters, you’ve had a really good class. But you’ve also had 15 that either got injured, were JAG’s (Just A Guy: filled a roster slot and topped out as career backup/special teamer) or never became the player the staff hoped so they moved on at the first opportunity.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

This whole thread has a weird tone to it.

What’s wrong with getting a 3 star? Especially with several CB’s xfering. And after next season, they’ll lose a couple to graduation.

Your tone, to me, suggests that 3 stars aren’t worthy, or maybe that’s all the Utes can now expect, either because of the down year (only due to injuries) or the move to the XII ? I’m not quite sure what it is.

But maybe I’m just old and still remember when the Utes getting a 3 star was a good thing and to me it sounds arrogant to dismiss or suggestotherwise.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Nothing wrong with the three star. It is all about the sudden chest thumping about flipping someone from Arizona. USC, Oregon, Ohio State? Awesome. Arizona? That should not move the needle, it should be expected at this point.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Three stars are fine, however 86 thru 89 have much more success. 85 and below tend to be projects somewhat. Update for the current year, Az is our equal and may remain so for the near future.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New DB Commit – Quimari Shemwell