Viewing 4 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

These is always next year

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Oregon did a good job prepping for this one. Shut down the run and Utah can’t do much.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

There is the rest of this year too.
      Go Utes!

UofU Fanatic
        Ute Fan
        @uofufanatic

Exactly. Tough game. 2 losses to both Oregon teams. They already have 1 loss each. Things can still get crazy

Rick Walker
      Ute Fan
      @big2890

Sadly this doesn’t feel all that true since we won’t get to play any of these teams next year

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If Rising comes back, this is a playoff team next year.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Still need to get into the top 11 and that’s going to be tough if the secondary and OLine don’t get figured out.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Not in the Big 12. Our secondary is good. And our OL…I’m ok if Utah decides to move on from Harding. I was always a “give Harding two years with his recruiting”. Well, it’s been 2 extra years and I’m not blown away. It’s ok to keep him. He’s ok. It’s ok to move on from him…because he’s ok.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Tao Johnson next year, along with Blocker and Snowden. If those guys aren’t ready, go for a portal CB.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I like the optimism. But is Utah really going to pin it’s championship hopes on two guys who haven’t played a down so far in their freshman year to be lockdown corners?

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Utah has zero championship hopes unless it figures out its QB situation and starts getting elite play from the position. If Barnes is QB1 next year, fuhgeddaboudit…

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

There is zero shot Barnes is QB next year.

It will be Rising or a transfer.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Vaugh and Johnson will be fantastic next year.

Bishop and Vaki will be elite.

That is the making of a top tier DB group.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Sadly, both Bishop and Vaki could declare for the NFL draft after this season. I’m not holding my breath that Rising will be coming back next year. When healthy, he’s easily a Top 15 college QB and there are going to be a lot of high-end programs in the market for a QB at season’s end. He could make a mint if he plays his cards right in the NIL game.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

Vaki is playing out of position and it’s shown the last couple of games. I’m actually not sure what his best position is on D. When they blitz him, he does well. And he’s decent in coverage but not what you want from a Free. Where he’s really struggling is when he needs to set the edge. Maybe he’d be better off moving back to nickel?

The problem is that Bishop, Vaki and Ritchie are all better suited to Strong and there isn’t a true Free on the team.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.