NJ

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

just my opinion as a fan for the past 50 years. start Nate Johnson. get him going this year and the next two. one play and Cam is gone Barns is OK but Nate is the future ride him and lets get going on the QB and move on from it.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

The only constant is change, or something like that. I’m always disappointed to see our stars leave, Moss and Huntley’s last game was tough, but we marched on. We have to do the same again, and again, and again. I’m excited for this too. Let’s get reps to the next generation and show the Big 12(16?) that we’re coming to fight. That conference is going to be a college football watcher’s delight.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

This is the way

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Especially with Rose out for a while with the lacerated liver (yikes!). It actually seemed like Rose was starting to rise about NJ and Barnes. Barnes can stay backup and is kudos to him, but I don’t think he would transfer. But a former 4* with Nate’s speed? If he’s stuck at 3, he’s out pretty soon. We know Cam is last year no matter what. We have to have a new qb next year. So, agree, stick him in there if he’s even or close to even with Barnes. If Rose returns and fights for the starting job next year, fine. Then we can play ‘put the best qb on the field.’

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

69, I am with you. We need to plan for the future. Will Nate make mistakes? Of course, he will. Brady still made mistakes after 20 years in the NFL. But, the only way for Nate to learn is to get playing time. We as fans need to be patient because I am quite sure he will make a boneheaded mistake or two. Look at Cam’s first game against USC. He came out and looked very good, then he threw an interception and eventually got hurt. Look at where Cam is today.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Nate seems to have the swagger needed to play QB. He would probably be starting if he switched positions, but he’s stuck it out at QB and by all accounts, has really closed the gap.

I’m fine with whoever plays, I trust Lud.

But if Nate holds it down, the upside is really high. He can bend defenses with his legs. Hell, *fake* the tuck and run to help your WRs get separation, because safeties and LBs have to come off coverage to have any chance of closing on a running QB with that high of a topend.

And having the best prepared QB2 in America is a luxury few programs have.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.