No chance at a pac title, let’s see what Cooper can do.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 9

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

TW is a great dude but he’s an average to below average qb that is always trying to play hero ball and take the cred.  

The oline and rb play seem to be getting it together, it’s hard to imagine Cooper not being able to at least match what TW is doing. He got beat out at Alabama by a couple of great 5 star guys that won NC’s. That doesn’t make him a bad qb. Give the kid a chance, it can’t be worse than a dual threat qb that can’t run or pass. 

13 1

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

We’ve lost two games by four total points, sorry I’m not in your camp. TW performed better last night in my eyes. I, for one, do not believe Cooper Bateman is the answer. Troy Taylor has already had to adjust for TW, let’s not wait another two games for Cooper Bateman’s strengths to be highlighted.

TW’s throw from the opposite hash for the TD last night was a good throw. He’s getting better, and I think we can win next week with TW. Unless Huntley’s back at 95% I’m on the TW train.

1 2

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

^^^THIS^^^

3 1

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

^^^NOT THIS^^^ If TW can learn to step up in the pocket, instead of bailing out to be chased by a DE with a head start, and if he can be aggressive in the run game…then keep him in. Otherwise, go with a guy who can step up in the pocket, be aggressive running the ball, and who throws the best deep ball of the three QB’s. 

Every time TW bails out of the pocket early instead of stepping up, he should be taken out talked to…with the understanding that others are there to take the opportunity he’s bailing on when he bails out of the pocket early.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That’s the thing Hammer. He has had his chance to “learn” to step up. He won’t do it. Not going to happen the rest of his college career. It’s an instinct more than it can be taught with him. IMO

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Agreed. Not saying TW doesn’t have his weaknesses but he showed improvement last night in a harsh situation.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

TW has a pretty deep ball when he has time to set up and isnt flushed from pocket but let’s face it any QB worth his salt sees the receiver wide open during the 2 point conversion attempt. TW totally loses his mind when he starts scrambling and typically doesn’t see receivers the way a good Division 1 QB does. No field vision whatsoever and really not as good scrambler as you would think.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I would put the loss last night more on carrington then TW.  He had some good targets and he’s proven to be an elite WR, but he wasn’t one last night. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Carrington was injured. Might not have even played.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

LOL Fosternano

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/14/16473266/utah-usc-final-score-results-2017

Never has a dude been more wide open. TW totally loses his mind when he scrambles. Not a good Division 1 QB. As his attempts go to infinity his completion percentage converges to 50%

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

I’ll give you that, there were times where he was wide open and TW threw the hard ball or was dancing in the backfield. 

My point is it’s not all on TW. I would rather have Huntley but there were players last night that could have stepped up more. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Even though it was probably on Williams on the last play missing Carringon, I think based on his performance on the road against a good team we would have to stick with him.  He plays well enough like that against many teams on the remainder of our schedule and we win those games.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football No chance at a pac title, let’s see what Cooper can do.