Ok so I added the video of the Covey hit

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Watching it on TV not as bad as I thought it was from my seats live. Because I thought the defender twisted his head.

Still grabs an opening or back of the helmet 15 yard penalty all day.

https://youtu.be/Q9Jo3hMbeL8

My 3 year old provides a nice background noise for the video. Woke me up at 7 the lovely kid. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Play design is to run a sweep into an unblocked DE? Nice job. #firesomebody

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I want to believe the left tackle is supposed to stay. He looks lost I could see doing that blocking scheme with Moss in the backfield. 

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

It’s possible he went the wrong way, but when you see the slo-mo replay from behind the formation, you can see that the entire OL moves with purpose including the LT. I don’t think Barton was lost, it’s just a bad play design. 

jrj84105
          Ute Fan
          @jrj84105

Huntley read that wrong.  Really wrong.  The unblocked DE has committed to Covey, and Huntley has two lead blockers sealing the opposite DE if Huntley keeps and goes around the other end.  I’ve been blaming Harding for the lack of misdirection in the run game, but that was perfectly set up for a Huntley keep and he made the wrong read and about got Covey killed.

If the D line had overpursued the motion of the H back, then the Center would have got to the DE and Covey would have the LG blocking at the second level. The D line stayed home, and Huntley failed to keep. Having the DE longed up in the neutral zone also helped him beat our C to the play.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

So the read is if the DE commits to Coveys   line you go right?  At this point in the game they were dialing up on Covey to. That explains the pulling LT. Thanks. 

@jrj84105

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ok so I added the video of the Covey hit