OL Transfer

Viewing 4 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Not to be greedy as this transfer class Whitt and co have brought in appears to be a resounding success, but man I’d love if we could nab one of these Washington lineman in the portal.

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

OL is always a good get. But I think the bigger need is a Backup QB and potentially a DL piece! I did see Jacob Conover enter the portal. Once a highly regarded recruit, went on a mission, returned to BYpoo and then transferred home. ASU is now a dumpster and he is trying to get out of town. I thought he looked alright in his few opportunities that he was given. We could do a lot worse!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Why would you bring in someone like that? He’s old. He’s played in games and he sucked. If you bring him in, you lose Rose. We know Conover sucks. We can at least make ourselves believe Rose could be good.

Other than laughing at your BYU friends, someone like Conover makes no sense.

His career stats:

16/49. 33%. 175 yards. 0 TD’s. 3 INT’s.

The dude sucks. If he can’t start at BYU…then he’s no good.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

He looked horrible when he played us with ASU. He was 5 for 22 for 41 yards and 1 INT. I would question whether he’s a legitimate FBS QB.

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

Sucks, he really never was given a chance. What we need is someone that is a veteran that can help bridge or give stability to our star who is more susceptible to injury and a young quarterback who by all accounts wasn’t ready last year. I’m not saying we need a 5 star here we need a bridge. Not someone who is a threat to Rising but can push Rose and also someone who can spot start if needed. That’s all!

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

The other thing that we need to consider is we in essence are asking someone to come in for 2.5 string or 3 string. That’s a tough sell to someone that still has aspirations of doing something big with their football career. We need to find someone that has connections to Utah, Coaching Staff, etc. someone that knows their post football career is very limited if not gone.

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

Ari Patu, Drew Pyne there several guys that fit. It’s a delicate balance of not bringing in someone that scares off the young guys but brings experience, maturity, and Gardner Minshew vibe to the room.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Whitt sounded like he is satisfied with his offensive line (radio interview today). It sounds like they are looking for 6-10 portal guys before fall camp. Probably a couple of QBs, a few more WRs, and some defensive help. He never mentioned that they are looking for offensive linemen. However, I am sure that they are ALWAYS looking for top-teir linemen. I there is a solid guy in the portal, I am sure Utah will pursue him. It just doesn’t appear to be a top priority as of today.

1 1

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

Liu Aumavea QB, San Diego St. Via Provo High is in portal
        Miles Davis/Dom Henry WR, Byu are in portal as well. Nice back end of roster depth pieces that are familiar with the landscape, all having spent time in Utah.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.