Only 6,000 fans allowed in RES?

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Heard a sound bite from the USU AD saying that we could be limited to only 6,000 fans at football games this Fall.

How would those be distributed? Would we give the visiting team any kind of allotment or would they be available to home fans only? If so, how many tickets would the visiting team get?

WelcomeToSackLakeCity
      Ute Fan
      @welcometosacklakecity

I’m thinking that tickets would only be given to season ticket holders and the MUSS, and I don’t think there would be any tickets for the visiting teams. Perhaps there will be a random lottery to determine which individuals in the season ticket holder/MUSS groups get tickets for this season, with people who aren’t picked being refunded. They may also do a lottery for each game, although the refund situation would be more complicated for this case. Instead of a lottery, perhaps tickets will be distributed to season ticket holders based on the donation money given.

Also, fans would likely be required to wear masks and only sit in designated seats to enforce distancing.

3 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Sounds Fun!

WelcomeToSackLakeCity
          Ute Fan
          @welcometosacklakecity

Yeah, definitely not ideal, but this may be the only way to have any fans in attendance. Perhaps there could be a different number of people allowed, but there’s no way they’ll allow full capacity unless the virus is not around in the fall, a vaccine has been developed, or herd immunity has occurred (all of which are very unlikely). I’m just hoping that there will be some football played this year, even if fans can’t be in attendance.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

6000 better than none or a “few hundred” some of the Conference basketball tournaments were planning for just before the NBA pulled the plug on their league causing a panic stop to NCAA basketball altogether.

I would have hoped it would be more like 25-33% of capacity similar to many rules around dining, etc.  The capacity of USU’s Maverick Stadium is 25,000 so 6000 is about 25% (exactly it would be 6250) so maybe 25% that is what they are steering guidance toward.  More like 12,000 for RES at the U.

4 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Yea… I think watching it from home is by far the better option

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Pace is right. Just turn on the tube, save some money and have less stress.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

The crowd is a big part of why I enjoy going to the games. I really hope they can find a way to allow at least 25 percent. 6,000 people in a ~50,000 seat stadium would be kinda lame.

3 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

This is going to be a very very weird  season …. if it happens

2 5

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

So wait…the AD from one of the powerhouse MWC schools said this?? Now that is breaking news. Just out of curiosity, did anyone from the Big Sky chime in as well to let the college football world know what will be allowed for attendance this year?

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

He was basing his comments on the restrictions the entire state of Utah is under and may still be under come Fall. Right now, according to the USU AD, the state of Utah will only allow 6,000 people to attend an outdoor event like a football game and 3,000 to attend an indoor event like a basketball game. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

25% capacity? Wonder if price gouging laws come in to play. Can only imagine how much a Georgia Bama ticket will cost…

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Only 6,000 fans allowed in RES?