OnlyU

Viewing 3 reply threads
      8 1

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Would love to hear your thoughts on camp so far. Much appreciated !

5 3

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Wilson will win the backup job forcing Rose to transfer

3 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

That would be terrible news. Wilson could become unavailable any day.

2 2

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

I think it’d be good news. If Wilson can’t beat out a Rose who wasn’t better than Bottari or Barnes then it means it will take time for Wilson to develop. If he could already beat out Rose for the backup position that makes me very excited for the 2025 season

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

nah… it would definitely be bad for the team, for this year anyway. Here is why: If Wilson passes Rose on the depth chart, Rose leaves. Wilson will have surgery at some point, and will subsequently be out for who knows how long. Then we are left with Luke Bottari as our primary backup. Cam will almost certainly get hurt at some point this year. Not a knock on him or his durability, it’s just a reality of playing QB the way he does. Then we are left with Botarri and maybe Wilson (nobody has any clue when his surgery will happen).

Its good that Wilson is potentially better than Rose, but he should remain below Rose on the depth chart until his surgery is done, and he is ready to play again.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Best case, Rising is healthy and misses little if any game time, Rose and Wilson both have a healthy attitude about growing as a QB, and the portal provides a serviceable backup that finishes several games letting Rising chill. Rose and Wilson have no reason to panic about a spring depth chart.

Remind me, did Utah get a QB coach? Has there been a spring media guide or depth chart from the team?

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

I wonder about news on Woods – the runningback. Nothing in the press about him. Kyle was effusive about Mitchell and he named a few others. Is Woods injured? I would have expected something about him given his success last season.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

I don’t think he’s here for spring ball, but is on track to be here in the fall.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Camp is going well. I would say there will definitely be a portal qb added to the equation before camp so we’ll see how that spot shapes up. Issac has been impressive so far and both he and BRose have talent, but they’ve got some growing to do in the offense still.

Singer has been a highlight, Cam, Kuithe and Micah look great. O-line is very talented but young in some spots. Tao is a natural at safety. LB’s and D-line are strengths. Woods is here but not fully participating. Pittman will be good as well.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

Reading OnlyU’s updates and insights are up there with some of the best things in life.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.